Monday, August 2, 2010

DAY ONE!

Oh My Gosh!
Guess what??

I just heard my birthday on a movie preview
as the day it comes out in theaters!

That means that my birthday is on a Friday!

I'm SO not this pumped up about the movie that I saw the preview for.
Actually, I don't even know if I know what the darn thing was called!

I'm just excited because Friday nights are fun in the Fall up here!
Yep, up here.

Keep ya posted for some BIG news!

...and, even though there is a down-side to every situationa
I tend to turn it into the best that the circumstances allow for!

The best part about it all is that I have really seen how far
I have come as far as blazing this almighty trail to
find out who the hell I am and just exactly what it is that I want to become.

 Even the most recent of hardships and unfortunate situations that seem to have stemmed off of the unfortunate events of April 13, 2010.
'the day the music died'
the day I was forced to dance to the new tune I had already begun composing for myself

and guess what?
Today is August 2, 1010
In 25 days I will be another year older as a twenty-something year old.

When I kissed Momma and Daddy 'goodbye' in the parking lot of
my freshmen dorm, little did I know that I would, not even - more like COULD, one day respect them even more than I did then.
At that point in my life, I had no idea what I had in store for me.
But as each day goes by, and more people decide to bail out on my life, I realize the
E N O R M O U S
amount of new-found understanding of how important it is to stay true to yourself and stay true  to your family. No offense, but I truly have the best!


Looking back now, no shit did I not know what was about to happen to me.
Haha, those that know how I spent my first evening in college, can appreciate that if they want.


 Haha... but seriously, it's like the stage notes of 500 Days of Summer
Day One:

Voiceover: This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, blank blank, grew up the All-American boy was raised in the South and was the simple kind of man who loved few things more than his Mama and college football, but there was a certain girl who'd captured his attention at orientation that found him in a cell-phone version summer romace. The girl, Baily Jones, grew up believing that boys were buddies and didn't understand why someone would stay home and not go to college, just because they had a boyfriend. She was the blonde and tiny type (his type, you could persay), no curves, but a smile that charmed him and not only did he like her way with words, but she had chosen Alabama rather than being born into it and she left no inhibition, and he found himself intrgued by her and excited about her arrival. Baily shared this level of intriguedness but had left a shredded-up heart and an ex-boyfriend at home because she knew better than to do that when so much lied ahead of her. Still she was crazy about the Southerner that charmed her.
You should know up front this is not a love story.


Haha but seriously. On 'Day One' I had no idea where I was going (I got lost several times, until about sophomore year when I mastered the essential campus routes); I had nothing around me that was familiar to me (all new things, new people, no boyfriend);  and I had boundless opportunities ahead of me.

So how can I not think of today as 'Day One' of the rest of my life?
Does it not sound ALL TOO familiar to you?

No idea where I am going when I graduate. Check, heck - I don't even know where I'm going to sleep tonight!
I have nothing around me that is familiar to me. Check, thanks to that crazy fire! 
I have no boyfriend. Check. And apparently, no friend in him either.
And I have boundless opportunities ahead of me. Check. I'm so glad that I've just always been a free-bird and one of those girls that you can take in and make me love you but I'll eventually fly away, I suppose! And 'Check, please!' if you control me and try to make me say 'Polly, wanna cracker!' because you know I'm throwing up my peace sign the second that cage comes out!


Voiceover: Day Whatever it is Five Years Later
Baily realized she was right all along, and wrong about him. She had always been aware that it was like sticking a round peg in a square whole.  She was hurt but grew strength from knowing that she had fought her own feelings, allowed herself a chance to love someone again but proceeded with caution because of a two year up and down ride that left her scarred. The boy, was given a chance he so badly wanted but proved her initial heartstrings were true. 
They, in fact, did not fit.
However, the girl attempted to find a perfect fit despite many failed times before because she finally believed in the superficial bonds of soulmates and no longer believed in loving only in the best friend way. The boy did not try, because the principle of the matter will always guide some people's lives no matter how much love and feeling they are willing to turn away.

Ok, so my voice-over is a girl one, so what? ;)

I guess it's back to Forrest Gump for me because I get to live through the coolest movie of all time when I get on a Forrest Gump kick, no matter how much I loved this 500 Days of Summer version relationship. (Should I start organizing ex-boyfriends as movies? The Epics, The Classics, The Horrors)

But, what's funny about the ones will ROMANCE.
Their usually 'Romantic Comedies' and if that didn't pin the tail on the donkey's ass...

someone ALWAYS gets the last laugh

he he he :)

But, on the real, today is the first day of the rest of my life!
I'm learning, teaching, and apartment hunting for my first very own place!

When I was knocked down and on my knees I could have chosen to act like a baby or I could have remembered what my knees are for and prayed. And then I went to church and heard a sermon on Matthew 5:9. And look - I'm back to being Miss Independent!

So here's to having my own coffee-maker and the decision to who finds out where this new place of mine is! If I love you, I'll give you the pass-code. If you're a robot, I'll just have to see how the movie ends.

peace and love
baily

No comments: