Monday, August 30, 2010

room tour

So my internet has been out here at my little village of apartment buildings and I have been unable to get my hands all over this construction zone of a blog.  I'm going to keep it real with myself and not get all bent out of shape over it though (those of you that know me are aware of my spazz mode - let's not go there...) It doesn't t.o.t.a.l.l.y. look like Ground Zero so just give me some lee-way and I will have it looking killer sharp here soon! :)

Because of the internet being out - I have had two days of full-on iTunes.  Yes, I did go to Birmingham this past weekend to pick up my things from Sissy's house but after the two hundred trips to my car and back, I was not about to set-up ole' Crosley last night.  I have a request from my roommate on my facebook page for the vinyl to come out... I wonder if she knows what she has gotten herself into.  Elena (old roomie) wasn't one for much 'hippie music' like Jackie and I were.  Jackie was gone this summer and Elena moved downstairs next to this one right here and me and Janis Joplin about drove the stress-prone girl absolutely crazy.  She loves me long time, though. I miss her.

The new roomie, the new "E", literally - her name is Emily - is wonderful company.  I felt bad moving in on her apartment like I did but I jumped on when I saw her Widespread Panic shirt and the way she had the place decorated.  I dug it, and she looked normal.  Now, come to find out - I have met my match. 

Ok, I know I keep saying it- but that is a whole 'nother story in itself - so let me fill you in on the eerie similarities between the two of us soon. 

I don't know if I made you all aware, but my new digi-cam that mom and pops generously provided for me after the fire is getting fixed.  When I went home to Florida 2 weeks ago I was running around getting ready for my fabulous night on the town with the ladies and I realized that my SD-card was missing from my favorite memory catcher I've ever had. (I go through cellular devices and digital cameras like I do socks so I have many to compare it to, alright, ha) Anyway, my dad - who never wants us to anything but set with everything we need and want - ran to the Target about 2 miles away from our house while I was poppin' lipgloss and straightening my hair.  He had time, even though he was a little put out with me for waiting until the last minute - but I wasn't going anywhere until my poofball of hair was somewhat decent for sushi and cocktails in Baldwin Park and downtown Orlando.  Well, the D.A. (short for, well...) that helped him didn't do anything but piss me off when it turns out he messed up my perfectly fine and dandy little camera.  So, I'm back to the CrackBerry camera.

Good news - I got a new CrackBerry.  I think I did tell you this.  The 'Tour" is wayyyyy better than my "Curve."  Oh how I loved that Curve... but despite having it for over a year I never learned how to free up the memory space.  So, like, every 12 pics I had to go thru and delete them.  This was something that would ordinarily bother me, but I just had to do it if I wanted to snap photos, but it did get under some people's skin when I wouldn't listen to convo because I had to focus on my maintenance issue.  Well, the "Tour" has provided me with the convenience of NOT having this issue at all.  Oh, the little things in life that make me so damn happy.

I don't even know how many pics I can take before I have to free up some space - I haven't even gotten there yet!!! Goody goody gumdrops of a feeling...

Here are some pics of the new room. And a couple random ones that I might throw in there... depends on what comes up and distracts me away from my laptop.  My roomie is currently giving me a fashion show on dresses she's going to wear to see her long-distance lover next month.

Anyways, check out pics. I have been tuned into my iTunes and of course my main man Van was singing to me and then I kicked into total "Carolina Girls" mode and have not stopped listening to my Embers Greatest Hits, a little Steely Dan, and now a North Myrtle Beach online radioshow that I am a registered user to.  You can't help what you're born into and what makes you who you are.  There's a little piece of paradise over there on the Carolina coast that taught me how to laugh at myself dancing (I'm a flowerchild and line-dancing country girl, I'll leave the Shag two-step for later mastery - I'll just watch my mom and dad for now). It was my first vacay. It's got the baddest music on the block. The best fried seafood in the world (sorry Gulf Coast)  - I was born and raised with a love for all things Callabash.

I'm working on a little creative writing that was inspired by some big love for beach music, boys in seer-sucker, and slaw/chili dogs on a pier.


tour de la bachelorette pad
you'd think i'd be pretty good at putting simple pics on blogger with the basic uploader thing - no. my mood just went up and down like a roller coaster the entire time i was putting these on here.

they are in NO particular order. last time my mood was good was when i had them all in somewhat order... then, boom, random happen-chance order without the click of a button - blogger works mysteriously like the good lord and does it just to test my patience. overrrrr it.
enjoy!! :) haha



the place of beauty rest

to do: a d.i.y. necklace hanger... any ideas creative people? :)
where the studying, thinking, chatting, journaling, and blogging go down


i named the ducks thelma and louise. vintage, pretty, and random. sounds like my thing :)

my aunt made me this "creativity chair" for my birthday. it has all sorts of pearls of wisdoms, little quotes, aunt-to-niece advice, and other little frills. I just can't get over it - I love it.

i love my lamp that i found shopping in tuscaloosa with mom and dad this summer

for hire: cute boy to help me build white ikea desk to go under this mirror.
i feel pretty when i get ready in front of this dazzling little decorated mirror.

wash up stuff, headbands galore, and the 'Bans I've been rockin' since my Wayfarer's have been missing.
My amazing mother found the missing pair in Orlando - woo woo!!! :) Hurry up, FedEx!

more of the little girls' room

more...

this has stayed surprisingly clean.
this little guy was my first house-warming gift.  my mother bought it for me during the Fall of 2006 when I moved from the dorm to my first little collegehood apartment.  Yorktown Commons 512.  Little Al sat on the entertainment center and kept the apartment very Roll Tide like since the two of us decorated so girly-like and had Carolina basketball posters and prints on the walls along with our beloved Daniel Moore 'Bama football prints. haha, our man's cave for girls. He was named after Alabama's mascot Big Al - and yes I name everything and since people already have names I give everyone a nickname or two or thirty six, you love it or hate it right?) Anyways, he is the only survivor of the Fire of 4.13 that I will allow in here other than the  vinyl records, a couple books, and the clothes I had on my back that night.

made by my aunt as part of my gift, as well. lover of quotes, I am indeed and I love love love the thoughtfulness and creativity behind it all. and of course, a little pearl of wisdom sent from my aunt via bear bryant? umm... sounds perfect to me.

oh, my little millie-pig, I miss her so much. I found this absolutely retro and absolutely groovy pig at TJ Maxx HomeGoods store in Lake Mary, Florida.  I was in heaven and have started a pig collection.  My mom has a collection and so will I.  You know how women always have 'that animal'?  My aunts was roosters, mine used to be horses (and hilarious to Will Pappas I also was obsessed with dolphins) and my mother's is pigs.  I thought I was going to start an elephant collection, but don't mind if do when it comes to having two animal collections haha. whats yours?

this is the other pillow that aunt paula made me. i figured i'd give it to ya here at the end since it's the best quote of all time that isn't spoken by forrest gump or ms. gump.
;)

peace and love
baily

check back later for my carolina in my mind post

1 comment:

Michelle (michabella) said...

My fav DIY Necklace Hanger: http://inhonorofdesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/thursdays-diy-jewelry-hangers.html