Wednesday, August 4, 2010

song on repeat - my girl miranda

"More Like Her"

She's beautiful, in her simple little way.
She don't have too much to say when she gets mad.
She understands, she don't let go of anything.
Even when the pain gets really bad.
I guess I should've been more like that.

You had it all, for a pretty little while.
And somehow you made me smile when I was sad.
You took a chance on a bruised and beaten heart,
And then you realized you wanted what you had.
I guess I should've been more like that.

I should have held on to my pride.
I should have never let you lie.
I guess you got what you deserve.
I guess I should've been more like her.

Forgiving you, she's stronger than I am.
you don't look much like a man from where I'm at,
It's plain to see desperation shown its truth
you love her and she loves you with all she has
I guess I should've been more like that.

I should have held on to my pride.
I should have never let you lie.
I guess you got what you deserve.
I guess I should've been more like her.

She's beautiful, in her simple little way.

-Miranda Lambert

I freaking love her. She's so awesome.
Blake Shelton ADORES her and I want a boy that looks at me that way!
One of the most special people in my life is named Adam Sanford. He took me to
what was supposed to be a weekend of a Coldplay concert and a Kenny Chesney concert (Miranda Lambert/Lady Antebellum) on two different nights in Tampa.
It was this time last year, actually. SO FUN!
Except Chris Martin, Coldplay's lead singer, got the flu and the show couldn't go on.
On the night of the Kenny show (at the Ford Ampitheater in Tampa) it was the biggest rainstorm I've ever seen in my entire life.  But, just in time for MIRANDA, he had a Coors Light in my hand and I was boot scootin' in my Daisy Dukes to what I believe to be
one of the coolest country music girls ever.
If you know me, no matter what kind of feminist activist I can be at times, I'm just not that big on the girls - Shania, Faith, Carrie - none of them do it for the way she does.
I think she's just REAL.
She was hammered, in her Daisy Dukes, and a Texas Football t-shirt when she got on stage to open up for Kenny Chesney.
She said, "Y'all aren't the only ones gettin' drunk while waiting out this storm!"
Then she busted out White Liar which has become my friends' fav to blast in the car with me
Rock on, girl.

"Hey white liar, the truth comes out a little a time. And it spreads just like a fire, slips off of your tongue like turpentine. And I don't know why, white liar."

PEACE and LOVE
BAILY

"Here's a bombshell just for you, turns out I've been lying too."

And since I have blog friends from everywhere,
and because I am a proud
S O U T H E R N   G I R L 
I am going to put my favorite <country> song at the moment's lyrics
 on a new post above this one! 
 (and since my bff from home is from New York but
takes to Southern things because of ME and
 I love her and I know she would appreciate this song's lyrics...
so check my next post, Mandy!)



dear mom and dad,
you know how you like to joke that
i'm one part hippie, one part country-girl?
i'd like these for my bday please.

23 in 23 days!



No comments: