Wednesday, March 3, 2010

♫ ☮ ♥ Music ♥ ☮ ♫

I haven't written about my music lately.  I guess I have just spent a lot of time listening to it and interpreting it while I am studying that I haven't posted a blog about it lately.  Like I've said before, my music taste is pretty much a mixed genre of things.  Country, classic rock, psychadelic funk, electronica.  Not a huge rap fan - but I'll bust a move every now and then.


Well, 'tis the season for summer music festivals. 


There's Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tennesee in June that his a lineup of acts like: The Dave Matthews Band, Zac Brown Band, The Avett Brothers, Kings Of Leon, Stevie Wonder, Miranda Lambert, Tori Amos, Norah Jones, Regina Spektor, Kris Kristofferson, Les Claypool, Jamey Johnson, LCD Soundsystem, Cross Canadian Ragweed, The Disco Biscuits..... the list goes on and on.


Then there is Wanne Music Festival in Live Oak, Florida just outside of Tallahassee.  There lineup, to name a few: The Allman Brothers Band, Widespread Panic, Government Mule, Stephen Stills, The Black Keys, The Wailers, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic... and more.


Then there is Wakarusa on Mulberry Mountain in Ozark, Arkansas.  Here is some of their lineup: Umphrey's McGee, STS9, The Disco Biscuits, The Black Keys, Blues Traveler, Boombox, and lots more.


The infamous Bama Jam in Enterprise, Alabama has a lineup looking like this, with much more: Kenny Chesney, Hank Williams, Jr., Jake Owen, Miranda Lambert, Colt Ford, Jamey Johnson, Citizen Cope, Zac Brown Band, Train, Dierks Bentley, Travis Tritt, and Rodney Atkins.I haven't decided which one I will hopefully get to experience during this last summer of "being young & not in the real world yet."  I mean, I SHOULD be in the real world but sometimes it takes people a little more than 4 years to finish school.  Oh well.  Amidst my teaching practicums and internships this summer, I hope to sneak away for a weekend of music... I just don't know where yet.


I DO know, however, that I will be in my hometown near Orlando, Florida for my Spring Break.  I need to catch a little rest and relaxation and spend a little quality time with my parents.  Luckily, my sister is spending the first weekend at home with us and it just so happens that big and bodacious Plant City Strawberry Festival is going to be held that weekend and is a short, 1 hour and 15 minute drive away
Here's what they have scheming over in Plant City (other than the most amazing strawberry shortcake you will EVER eat): Billy Currington, Lynard Skynard, Julianne Hough, Switchfoot, Heidi Newfield, Darius Rucker, Josh Turner, Aaron Tippin, The Oak Ridge Boys, Tracy Lawrence, Clay Walker, Patty Loveless, and Sara Evans.


I guess all of those have a little taste of all my genres.  It's music, and it's the universal language I guess. I mean, numbers and math are, but in the end - all that really matters are feelings right?  Someone once said that 'music is what feelings sound like.'  I believe this to be true and I think that everyone could agree that music has helped you in some way or another.


The past year or two I have been really in to my music.  From the black vinyls that I spin on my record player, to downloads scream through my laptop speakers, and satellite radios and old-fashioned radio shows.  I listen to it all, I interpret and portray it all to my life and that's what makes music so fun for me (and everyone I would assume).  Seeing a show live and experiencing all of your surroundings as your favorite song is sung or your most admired band or singer is up there... well, I guess if you've ever been in that situation you know exactly what it feels like.  HOPEFULLY, I will get to experience one of these festivals with my group of music-lovin' friends. And maybe you will too... ♫ ☮ ♥


Peace & Love & Good Music
Bjj

Here are my favorites right now:

(Country) Bigger Than The Beatles by Joe Diffie -or- Southern Voice by Tim McGraw
(Jamband/Rock) Joy by Phish -or- Little Lilly by Widespread Panic
(Classic Rock) Witchy Woman by The Eagles -or- Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones


No comments: