Thursday, March 18, 2010

it might be cold, but the sun still burns

It seems like I have so many things to blog about and catch my readers up on, but I can't seem to put them in any sequence of importance or make a wortwhile post of them.  Besides, my dear sister informed me that my blogs were too lengthy.  So, first and foremost, let me apologize for any wasted time I may have caused you.  I am even more apologetic if my ramblings have caused you to fall asleep at the computer desk.  I just suffered a two-week period of midterm hell, and I know without a doubt that a Hewlett Packard laptop is no memory-foam pillow. On that note, I will use this post to fill you in on some of the happenings in my lately uneventful life.
I ditched the dirty blonde hair and dyed it chocolate brown.  It is quite the contrast, and I haven't had my hair this dark since I was 16, but at least now my eyebrows match my hair color.  Speaking of eyebrows, part of the do-it-yourself makeover I gave myself, I waxed the thick little boogers. Well, I attempted to. I have one and two-thirds worth of eyebrows.  Looking at the glass half-full rather than empty, I consider this better than the one very definitive "uni" I was growing.

My very relaxing spring break has gone by way too quickly.  Ashley, Millie, and I drove to Orlando on Saturday with hopes of sunshine, beaches, and tropicana tans.  Instead? Quite possibly the coldest and most overcast week in March I have ever seen in Orlando.  Perk? Shopping! 

Saying that my whining and complaining about the weather went unnoticed would be a lie. After Ashley flew back to Birmingham and my mom and dad were left with my pale ass moaning about my lack of sun tan, my dad arranged a business trip to Miami in order for my mom and I to tag along.  Four hours, two magazines, one beer, and a rooftop pool later, I'm a lobster. No complaining about this one though, I asked for it!

Nothing out of the ordinary, other than the wicked spells of spring break weather, has gone on in my life lately to fill you in on.  My projects, aside from finishing up the semester of school and preparing for my summer internship, consist of a new advocacy project for the National Down Syndrome Congress, helping my family plan my Mamaw's 80th birthday party, and applying to jobs. 

Usually, the month of March consists of me being a crazy, lunatic, and completely obsessive Tar Heel fan. My faithfulness to the beloved basketball program surpasses any other engagements in my life during the month of March, in USUAL years. But, their lack of winning nipped making it to the big dance in the bud.  For all of those years I made fun of teams making it to the post-season NIT, I now have my foot in my mouth. Watching March Madness on CBS Sports is making my eyes hurt at this very moment.  I can't bear the pain!

Wait, I do have one other project on deck.  Tomorrow, before we trek back to Orlando from South Beach, I plan to suffer the uncomfy-ness of laying on my stomach in the horribly painful beach chairs provided at the rooftop pool so that my back can match the fire-engine red that my front side daunts.

I'm already dreading my showers for the next few days. Ouch!

Peace&Love
Bjj
The 'Other' Sister

No comments: