Wednesday, September 1, 2010

school day slash pool day

While my mom was finishing up her stint in the water-colored Charleston and dining on my fAvOriTe food in the world, I was not. Her stint on the cobblestone was only followed by her boarding the dang cruise ship - the reason she was in Preppyville in the first place.

I hope you come back in one piece, Momma. And Nana & Papaw & the McManuses.
There's a Category 4 Storm out there, Zellie Cherellie!! Wear that life vest & hold on tight...

I hope you don't turn out like Ashley did on that boat ride in St. Thomas.
Oh, Ash, you had it rough in St. T huh? I know, I got it sucker-punched to me in Hawaii.

Well, I went to a little retreat-like apartment complex today and layed by the pool for an hour.  I got '0' sun, but that's ok because it still warmed up my mood and I was glad I could be there for a friend who needed my expertise in the breaking up with boys department.

Yeah, you didn't know I had my Doctorate in getting f'ed over?

Then some of my friends and I got giggly and it was fun to snap a few.  So I'll share because I am in a GiDDy mood today!

Must be that weather or something over there on that Carolina shore where it's all things familiar to my childhood's vacation paradise. 

I know I know, I need to up my game with that Carolina blog I spilled the beans about a couple days ago.  Gimme some time... if it's about anything Carolina related and it's written by this 'Carolina Girl' then as the song goes, it's gotta be 'the best in the world...'

Geez, every time I get to talking about my 'Myrtle Beach Days' or feel like 'Summertime's Calling Me' I crave the most amazing Southern delicasse of all: my Carolina Slaw Dog.  Bama, you try sweetheart but you don't have that Carolina touch to the chili and the slaw. 

I wonder how large and in charge I would be if I DID live in the Carolinas still and I ACTUALLY GOT the chili-slaw dog that I crave every single day of my poor poor pitiful life.

Oh, but wait, something WILL suffice! Holy crap I haven't even thought about how glorious it's going to be to melt my mouth into a Denny Dog at the football game... oh wowzers. And Big Bad Wolves on the strip! It's BBQ Nacho season boys and girls :) But, I'm going to need my "Varsity" fix in Atlanta soon at least since we aren't opening up our season in the Dome like we have the past two years.

God was looking out for me and asked Les Miles and LSU to play the Heels in the Chick-Fil-A Kick-Off game.  This would be the day of truth... not an inch of me would be wishing Carolina won the ball game.
I've crossed over! Well, until Roy debuts his perma-tan at Late Night.

peace and love and roll tide
bai

ok, we were being funny and silly and it felt good to laugh a lot
oh, a good day indeed

No comments: