Saturday, September 11, 2010

football love, tils that wonderful time of year

Click here and read this post from CapstoneReport.com

I was going to blog about Saban's encouragement to my student body to N O T "boo" Penn State, but I read this and this is perfectly put.  Absolutely, 100% correct-o! 

I dig it, so click the link and read.

* I must make it known, however, that I do N O T oppose the idea of a little RAMMER JAMMER jig at the end of the game.  I get it, whatever Steve Sloan, we won't do it at the beginning of the game but no way I'm keeping my mouth shut if I am going to beat Jo-Pa's butt in a modern-day version of a completely tradition-soaked and honor-drenched game of football!  I don't care how old the man is. A rivalry so polished with excellence and perfectness?  Hell no.

I think the Bear would want us to sing it louder than ever.  Which, I guess it will be - with the stadium expansion and such emotion going into a game so decorated by the national media and entertained by so many Gameday commercials starring Saban.  Who knows how many the expansion has allowed for the Million Dollar Band and it's fleet.  It's about the dang Trillion Dollar thing.

But cheers to being recognized as a class-act university, and hopefully we can be true to that tomorrow! I'm really not ready to experience a Tuscaloosa loss.  I haven't lost a football game in Tuscaloosa in a really really really really really long time.  I'm hoping we can keep that glorious no. 1 beside our name for a little longer... or much longer.  I'll take the latter!

pandl
b

No comments: