Thursday, September 9, 2010

last week's Fill In The Blank Friday (sorry, it's late too!)

I didn't do my Fill In The Blank Friday for last week. I am so bad about these little series things. I need an accountability blogger friend that will woop me into shape about staying focused on this bloggity blog blog.  Oh well, better late than neverrrr.....




1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is Chasin' That Neon Rainbow by Alan Jackson.  This song has just always been SO special to my family.  There are countless home videos of my sister and I dancing with our Daddy in the living room of our little Asheville home.  Whenever I hear it, I dance and act like a four-year old again and my arms and legs are covered in goosebumps.  It's just a lovely little nostalgic moment every single time.


2. My first concert ever was Alan Jackson.  Haha, imagine that.  Faith Hill was this bodacious blonde that no one had really heard of yet that opened up the show before whoever it was that performed in between the two.  None of us really remember who it was - maybe my parents do but I think we were all just gawking at how hot Faith was and were way busy amping up for that country boy from the Chattahoochie.

3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Widespread Panic, Phish, Drive-By-Truckers, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Keller Williams, The Benjy Davis Project, Galactic, Kid Rock, Joshua Radin, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Old Crow Medicine Show, John Mayer, JJ Grey & Mofro, Ryan Adams, American Aquarium, Zac Brown Band, The Allman Brothers Band, Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, Norah Jones, Citizen Cope, Zach Deputy, Papa Grows Funk, The Steve Miller Band, Pearl Jam, The Avett Brothers, moe., Radiohead, The Black Keys, STS9, The Flaming Lips, The Mars Volta, Government Mule, Crystal Bowersox, Shooter Jennings, Yonder Mountain String Band, Perpetual Groove, Tea Leaf Green. Ryan Bingham, Reckless Kelly, Beck, Umphrey's McGee, Ingrid Michaelson, The Disco Biscuits, BoomBox, Pretty Lights, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, The Hypsys, The Black Crowes, Ghostland Observatory, Ziggy Marley, Primus, MGMT, The Northern Lights, The Subdudes, Silver Sun Pickups, Oasis.


4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is... boot-knocking... realllllyyy??? I don't know... Usher?

5. The best concert I've ever been to was hmm... Phil Collins was off the richter (not kidding)... but Widespread Panic fasho. But my country side loved me both the Kenny Chesney shows I've seen.


6. A memorable musical moment for me was when I decided to listen to Will Pappas and develop a love for his beloved Jam-Bands.  Thanks to Will Pappas, he showed me music that could clear my head and give me the peace of mind that only a love for music can bring.  Now I divulge into it all.  To me, it just loosens up the chains that hold us back... gives our free-spirit a little bit more room for discovery.


7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is.... No iPod - remember... I'm a weirdo.  Retro record player and no iPod.  I just prefer to keep it throwback, that's all.  But the 3 most played songs for me these days are  "Climb To Safety", "Airplane",  and "Ride Me High" by Widespread Panic.  They are guaranteed to make my mood better and put a little Widespread wiggle in my moves. 
 
jam out. rock on. don't forget to dance a little.
 
peaceandlove
bailyjordanjones
 
check out the boys from athens in my fav song... and it's live from austin, texas. just seemed appropriate to pick the austin one, you know - live music capital of the world. maybe my future home one day? oh how I am curious about that groovy little city of cowboy-hippies. 

 CLIMB TO SAFETY by Widespread Panic.

No comments: