Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the one about how excited i am to go home

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about this week.
On Thursday, I get to go H O M E !!!!!
On top of that, Chace gets to meet "the Oviedians."
I fly out on Thursday night from Birmingham and arrive in Orlando around 11pm. The reason I'm going home is for my very best friend's wedding weekend. (Think My Best Friend's Wedding with Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz, except I have no unspoken love for Justin Core. But we're buds, and I'm Julia Roberts). I wish...
Anyway, I arrive sorta late (and hopefully not too fatigued) and then I head to downtown Orlando to meet up with the 'party bus' and a bunch of bachelorette party-goers. I feel so honored that Megan wanted me to be a part of her bachelorette party! I hate that I am missing the lingerie shower part of the party, but as I like to quote, I had to do the best with what God gave me and God doesn't give out too many 'free ticket seats' on Orlando-bound Southwest Airlines flights this time of year. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry in America goes to Disney World during the month of June. I get it, "schools out" but my kids will be skipping school sometime in February or November to go to Orlando to walk around the Disney parks because momma ain't melting just because it's summer vacay. Anyway, I have to deal with being late because of school/flight scheduling. But it's all good... I'll arrive in good spirit and ready to celebrate the last lingering days of Megan's singlehood.
Then she marries my BFF!!! Woo hoo!!! Chace gets in at 6:30pm on Friday from his flight out of Atlanta. I'll already be downtown at a tappas lounge for the rehearsal dinner, so he'll just taxi on over to downtown O-town and meet up with me and my parents and dun! dun! dun! dun!..... "the Oviedians."
Oh but don't worry, he'll be fine. He eats this shit up. And if things go badly, there will be plenty of "Alabamians" there to pinch his cheeks and remind him of how perfectly Southern he is. (Justin is originally from Huntsville.)
I just hope he gets there in time to see my "toast" go down. I've got some skeletons I may pull out of the closet on Justin. JK! For real, just kidding. I hate "that person" at a wedding that just absolutely kills everyone's buzz from the toasts before because they had to put on a circus act and say obnoxious stuff about the bride and groom. Not cool, people.
Well, I'm just so excited I can't even stand it. I told Chace the other night that I am so ready for that moment when I open the front door of my house and the scent of "home" hits me like a freight train. It's the best feeling in the world, and there's only one place you can get it. Home, duh.
I need to start packing... it's right around the corner! I'll get my blog on more later, it's time for class and internship and errands! 
PeaceANDLove
Bjj 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to be back in otown....when will you be coming up to the big apple?? I miss you terribly!