Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekly Recap

Wildflower's Weekly Recap
<except it's a tiny bit late>

in one word or phrase: learning experience
dreaming of you: Oviedo, Florida
song on repeat: Little Lilly by Widespread Panic
gotta write it down: "one is not born a woman, one becomes one." -simeone de beauvoir
lesson learned: There's only one place that calls me one of their own.
picture to frame:
I can't believe he's getting married in less than 2 weeks! Justin has always been my best friend, so I can't express enough how much it means to me that he found his soulmate and is happy. It's a long way that we've come since we began our friendship in 7th grade at middle school youth group. Family vacations, high school dances, skipping school, costume theme parties, visits to Tuscaloosa and Tallahassee (and Gainesville, pictured here), and many fun nights just hanging out or rompin' through the backwoods with our Jeep Wranglers. He's my best buddy and I am glad our friendship has prevailed over the years worth of distance and irregular visits home and to see one another. He gets bonus points for being a TIDE fan! Back in the day when I was little miss Tarheel, he was always the Bama guy. At some point he and his family rubbed off on me and I was Alabama bound. He's like family to me, and I am so thrilled to be there on his big day. He is marrying a beautiful girl named Megan who was his high school girlfriend before they got back together a couple of years ago. Megan probably took this picture of us... it's at her apartment in Gainesville in October 2006 when Alabama was playing Florida. His heart belongs to her, but his sports loving heart belongs to my Crimson Tide :) She got us some pretty groovy seats, though. Right up front of the Florida student section (yes, wearing our Crimson) and close enough to see her cheer for the Gator squad. There are many memorable times with both of them, and I am so fortunate to have a friendship with both. I wish them my best! :)
highlight of the week: booking my flight home. getting presents from mom/dad, dad's company, kinsey, and nana/papaw.
peaceandlove
baily

No comments: