Saturday, June 26, 2010

quoted: summer and tom

Narrator: This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, Tom Hansen, grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met the one. The girl, Summer Finn, did not share this belief. Tom meets Summer on January 8th. He knows almost immediately she is who he has been searching for. This is a story about boy meets girl, but you should know up front, this is not a love story.

Summer: There's no such thing as love. It's a fantasy.

Tom: It's official. I'm in love with Summer. I love her smile. I love her hair. I love her knees. I love how she licks her lips before she talks. I love her heart-shaped birthmark on her neck. I love it when she sleeps. I love how she makes me feel.

Summer: Ok, I like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people's feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We're young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later.
Tom: What happens when you fall in love?
Summer: Love. You don't believe in that, do you?
Tom:  What? It's love, not Santa Claus.Tom: Either she's an evil, emotionless, miserable human being, or... she's a robot.




Tom: Did you ever even have a boyfriend?
Summer: Of course.
Tom: What happened, why didn't they work out?
Summer: What always happens??? Life.

Narrator: As he listened, Tom began to realize these weren't stories routinely told; these were stories one had to earn. He could feel the wall coming down. He wondered if anyone else had made it this far, which is why the next six words changed everything.
Summer: I've never told anybody that before.
Tom: I guess I'm not just anyone.
 Summer: You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.

Summer: I named my cat after Springstein...
Tom: What's his name?
Summer: .....Bruce.

Tom: I hate her crooked teeth. I hate the way she smacks her lips. I hate her knobby knees. I hate that cockroach-shaped splotch on her neck.

Tom: You know what sucks? Realizing that everything you believe in is complete and utter bullshit.

Tom's sister: Get over her.
Tom: I don't want to get over here. I want to get her back.

Summer Finn's favorite quote in her high school yearbook:
Color my life with the chaos of trouble.

2 comments:

Koree said...

hey, beautiful! i tagged you on my blog for a fun question/answer game! let me know if you decide to play along! :)

http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/2010/06/oh-baby-ive-been-tagged.html

Unknown said...

Baily! Again we are so alike! I literally just bought (500) Days of Summer this weekend. (It was on sale at movie gallery for $5! YAY!)

I tagged you in the same challenge too. http://beccanicole05.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-have-taken-unexpected-blog-vacation.html