Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a blogger game

I know that some of my readers have blogs, and others do not, but either way - it's fun to read blogs, right?! It's a socio-technological phenomenon if you ask me.  It's completely different than any other social networking website. Sure, you can write a "Note" on Facebook but in all honesty, who really reads their friends' "Notes?"  We don't go to the public library down the street to check out a book on "How To Make Curtains" or to find a "Country Stew" recipe... or, at least I don't! We go to our Blogger dashboards or we go to our Google Readers. But, for a lot of us in the "blogging community," we do more than use blogs for our references and resources. We find friends, we play games, we inspire creativity, we for sub-groups: the travel lovers, the dog lovers, the creative geniuses, the special needs educators, etc. It's amazing... and you meet friends!

One of my favorite Blogger friends is Becca at Life In Technicolor. Her blog, sub-titled "the musings of an artsy editor" is one that I frequent. She's a lover of the Lord, a lover of Journalism, a lover of vinyl records, and many other things that we have in common. She is a lover of life - which makes it all the more better to know that she tagged me in this fun "game" that is linked all over blogger and around the world. It's fascinating to wonder how many people are in on this... and just how true the six degrees of separation really is - especially in our whimsical world of socio-technology! She asked me to fill out these 8 Questions below... then, I'll tag a few of my other blogger friends and hope the trend continues to link others. (If you're not a "follower" in my Google section, sign in with a Google, Twitter, or Facebook name and jump in on the fun! You truly are missing out!)


1. If you were a geometric shape what would you like to be? A circle... un-jaded, un-breakable, completely put together, and well-rounded --> of course!


2. What is your favorite animal and why? Horses (a Palomino to be exact!) I think they are the most beautiful of God's creation. I used to be a rider, Western-only... none of that English saddle, preppy boots, and 'posting.'  I've always been a rugged Cowboy boot lover, and nothing's more fun than a good ride on a Western-saddle. One day, I hope to have horses and offer a summer camp to children with disabilties.


3. What song on the radio right now is currently at the top of your guilty pleasure list? "You're Love Is My Drug" by Ke$ha. (I know, I know!)

4. If you were lost in the forest alone and a bear came up to you, what would you do? Soil my pants. Just being honest.


5. In your opinion, what is the most annoying show on tv? True Blood. I hate vampire crap!


6. What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Squid soup. My roomie's mother is Korean and she always sends some down. I like it :)


7. What are your thoughts on 2012? Just another year that the Lord will bless us with if it is in his plan to do so.

8. What's the craziest excuse you've came up with to skip work for a day? It totally wasn't an excuse, but it brought a lot of laughs. When I was a hostess at a swanky Gulf-style seafood restaurant in downtown Tuscaloosa (Chuck's Fish) I had to call my manager (who is also my friend and was my friend before I was hired) and say: 'I did a 40-minute ab workout on my OnDemand last night and I can't move. I had to be dropped off and picked up at class today." He just laughed and said, "Only Baily Jones would call and say that." (words of advice: 40-minute ab workouts need stretching, warming up, and cooling down, just as much as a 2-hour workout. Ohhh.. Myyyyy.... Gaaaahhh... I was in serious pain!)

I'm tagging these people to be the next links in this survey-game, which served as a good study-break and an easy way to clear my head! Join me, girls :)

1. Moonpies and Fireflies
2. Moonflowers, Mojitos, and Me
3. Seabird
4. Team Southards
5. Lindsey's Blog
peaceandlove
bee jay jay

picture i framed today:

1 comment:

Koree said...

hey! i tagged you on my blog :) becca is my sister-in-law. cute, isnt she? :) let me know if you decide to play along!
http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/2010/06/oh-baby-ive-been-tagged.html