Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sorry, me and millie jean have been away for a while....

I'm sorry that I have been on such a blogging hiatus. One of my best friends, Kathleen, has already gotten onto my butt about it. I have so much to blog about, here's the run down of what I'm going to take time this week and write about:
  • Justin and Megan Core's Wedding
  • 4th of July in Orlando, the newlywed's Independence Day celebration
  • House-sitting the Little's dogs
  • Stories from the classroom
Ok, so I promise I am going to blog soon.... but I have a test tomorrow ((I thought it was today, but about 8 hours into my studying I realized I had an extra day... yay for that, huh?!)) Bonus points!

Omg here are some pics from Millie at Oak Mountain State Park this weekend at the lake. I COULD NOT KEEP HER LITTLE BEHIND OUT OF THE WATER!

After she was done taking a dump on the dock of the rental cabins we were probably NOT supposed to be at with three dogs. One shnauzer, one black lab, and one little pig-dog. Chaceface would throw the stick in the water for the dogs, Tripp would do an Olympic-style jump off the dock in all of his labrador glory, and my little pig dog would go hopping off the dock, into the paddle boat sitting between the dock and the "beach," then would hop into the water from the muddy "beach" and would just take off swimming into unknown waters until we realized she'd done it again and had to holler for her to come back to the shallow area of the lake. She seriously didn't stop... ever. She found a little "spot" she could rest on and stay in the water. I couldn't keep her out, except from time to time she would run back on the dock and I'd beg her to jump in like Tripp does. I'm sure she was thinking, "Moooom, I'm a boxer not a lab!" But she tried one time, but she literally just looked like someone bumped into her skinny butt and knocked her in. Except no one did. She just toppled herself into the water, then either decided she liked her jumping like a deer through the boat way or she realized what a doofus she looked like and didn't want us to laugh at her anymore. Either way, she just galavanted down to the mud-beach and took off. Chace and I would have to say, "Millie, come back!" "Piggie where are you going?!" "THIS WAY MILLIE!"

There she goes again... "COME BACK THIS WAY MILLIE-JEAN?!?"

Her and Tripp got out in the middle of the lake at one point and I thought we were going to have to go all-out Baywatch on them, but they finally came back by the tease of a new and better stick that Chace found. Needless to say, Millie was hilarious. Chace got aggravated because he couldn't enjoy laying on the dock with his sister and I because he was having to keep the pig-dog from swimming out into the current and drown. She's not as good of a swimmer as Tripp is either.. but they're dogs - I'm not judging her dives and swim skills. She thinks she's as good as him apparently, though, because she just takes off. Or she hangs out on her spot... just sittin' on the dock of a lake... a dog's life.

Peace and Love
BJJ

her resting spot... so cute

so happy to be at oak mountain!

she would not get out of the shallow water, she just hung out there until we turned our backs and she could take off toward deeper waters again...

so tired after all of her swimming!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

So my niece is sitting here with me, and when she saw Millie, she kept screaming "What's that" What's that Sissy?" And even though I told her it was a dog, she informed me it was a piggy, then proceed to snort like a pig! I just thought it was so cute and needed to share, since you call her "pig". The minds of 2 year olds are pretty funny!!