Wednesday, July 28, 2010

blogger award

guess what?
I have been  given a BLOGGER AWARD and I'm so excited about it.

It comes from my friend Becca over at Life in Technicolor!!



 

I absolutely love reading her blog, and she is always so full of surprises.  We have so much in common: she's a wildflower, Beatles loving, record collecting, whimsical type person that didn't surprise me when I found out she was a artsy editor slash journalist. Those that know me are aware of my 'old self', the Erin Andrews obsessed aspiring sports journalist. As my dreams changed from being a sideline reporter to now a special needs advocate, I still have my whimsy in blog-world and write my nonsense stories and quotes and Carrie Bradshaw analysis of my life... and I get to meet cool people like BECCA who keeps me entertained with her own adventuresome journey! Check her out, she's quite intriguing - for instance: she met this great guy one day and hit it off, and 61 days later they ELOPED and are married and living happily!! How cool you know? And guess what she surprised us with when she made her list of 15 FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF that we must do for being given the BLOGGER AWARD. She spills the beans on this: she's probably going to be reading the good ole' WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOUR EXPECTING book. omg - I know, right?? I'm so excited and can't wait to read all about her adventures from here on out - she makes me excited about looking at my GoogleReader... visit her blog, you'll dig it - I promise!!

SO HERE'S WHAT I MUST DO:
1. thank the person that gave me this award
thank you becca
i bragged all about you up there, so you obviously know i dig ya!
keep up the creativity because your readers love it
and never lose your zest, there is a word for people like you and that's: special
and continue to be faithful, your love for God is your best quality and you inspire people to be more stewardly.... and you and Caleb are a wonderful, Christian couple and I have a strong belief that God will do
G R E A T   T H I N G S
for you as you start a loving FAMILY!
thanks for sharing your journey with us here in bLoGwOrLd
you are SO fun! :)

2. share seven things about myself
(or in alabama, we like to say 'saban' for 7)
1. I have six fake teeth. I busted my face into the sidewalk when I was in 2nd grade because a really cool girl I like to call Sissy told me that it was SO fun to rollerblade and have our dog, the boxer Macy (about Millie's age!) pull me. It all happened really fast but I just remember these things: I had on one Hanes sock and one Adidas sock; the rollerblades were black, lime green, and purple; Mom was shopping and Dad was golfing and Pash (what I call my Sissy, Ashley) and I were being watched by a baby-sitter. I swallowed my teeth and I remember the very exact moment that I did it. My mouth hurt way to much to open it as wide as I would have had to in order for someone to reach in there and get them. I didn't realize until about two years later when I resembled 'Bubba' from FORREST GUMP complete with bonded chicklet teeth, swollen gums, an expander, spacers, and a mean-looking lip bumper did I realize how much easier, and how much less pain it probably would have been if I would have just sucked it up and told Sissy, the freaked out baby-sitter who thought her life was over, and my neighbors that I had the teeth in my mouth. I'm sure someone was out there where the sidewalk met with the driveway and grass looking for the remnants of my teeth. Sorry dudes, today isn't your lucky day, I remember thinking - and then 1... 2... 3... gulp.
GAME OVER: since, my life  has been lived in a dentist chair.

2. If I had it my way, I'd wear COWBOY BOOTS 365 days a year! The leather of a boot is my most favorite textile IN THE WORLD! I love my boots and I don't know what I would do without them. I went through a painful separation from them, post-fire, and I cried (no lie) the day I got them back and slipped them onto my little "peets" that missed them SO DAMN MUCH. The secrets that me and those COWBOY BOOTS have between the two of us are what makes my inner-devil chuckle.
We've been places, we've seen things, we've lived a funny life together!
treasures, on the real

3. I just discovered my undying LOVE for i.c.e. c.r.e.a.m.
you scream, i scream, we all scream for ice cream
flava of the week: chocolate banana
flava on the reg: ben and jerry's cherry garcia or chunky monkey
newfound lovecrush: hot fudge on top - Oh Em Gee!

4. never have i ever
...watched true blood
...read twilight or anything sequeling it
...seen twilight or any of the other obsessed-over movies in the 'saga'
...read harry potter or the sequels
...seen harry potter or the sequels
...had to much of an imagination with wizards or vampires

5. I am Tar Heel born, and Tar Heel bred, but when I die I'll be a Crimson Tide dead.
and damn it if I don't have it made in the sport's success & tradition departments

6. I feel the best about my body
 RIGHT NOW
 than I ever have before.
I can't lie, it feels good to not be super self-conscious. I realized if I ate healthier, worked out more, and ate a more regular diet so that my weight can stay consistent, then I would have a clearer conscious about doing better things for my body, and it works - and a good conscious is DEFINITELY the conscious to have in order to keep a healthy self-esteem and a balance with your well-being. If you're confident, you're sexy... and you know MY MOTTO has always been....
rock what you've got

7. I want to write a book one day.
I just want to
live a good life, have many adventures, and learn many lessons
so that I will have something to write about.
Carpe Diem, to that!

3. Pass the award to some of my favorite lovely bloggers
 whom I find, simply, amazing.
it's supposed to be to 15 people, but i'm short on time, darlin's.

Ashley @ Moonpies and Fireflies
click here.

Heather @ A Beautiful Life
click here.

Mary Frances @ Almost Home
click here.

Brittany Fuson @ Brittany Fuson Stationary
click here.

Amanda @ Imperfectly Beautiful
click here.

Lindsey @ Just A Little Girl, Lost In The Moment
click here.

Jane @ Moonflowers, Mojitos, and Me
click here.


peace and love
baily




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that we both are hippies at heart, and love the Beatles, Janis Joplin, old records, and writing :) Andddddd, I also love how you made my life seem so exciting and fabulous! Haha.

Thank you for all the sweet comments. You brightened my day. I am so flattered :) It feels like we are real life buddies, not just blog friends. Someday we need to meet up. For sure.

And lastly. I love your 7 things:
1. The story about your front teeth is so crazy! I can't believe you SWALLOWED THEM. Oh man.
2. I'm a northern girl and from the big city, so I've never actually worn a pair of cowboy boots. I feel like I need to give them a try because I think they would be to die for with a long flowy dress and a hippie headband. :)
3. I LOVE ICE CREAM SO MUCH.
flava of the week: vanilla bean
flava on the reg: bunny tracks ben and jerry's half baked (although i can't eat that right now because the cookie dough has raw eggs in it and you can't have that with a bun in the oven. sad.)
newfound lovecrush: cheesecake ice cream with raspberries on top. mmm.

4. i have read twilight and watched it, but only to see what the hype was all about. i'm not obsessed. i read harry potter in middle school because i wasn't allowed to, so I wanted to be rebellious. I'd rather read Narnia.

7. I SOOO want to write a book one day. Love your motto.

:)