Friday, April 15, 2011

love to the lovers, peace to the haters

I always was a rebel... but on the other hand, I wanted to be loved and accepted - and not just be a loudmouth, lunatic, poet, musician.  But I cannot be what I am not.
-John Lennon 

I'm not obsessed with myself.  People that are obsessed with themselves piss me off.  Like, REALLY piss me off.  If there is someone out there that thinks I am obsessed with myself (and if they actually know me and not just think they know me) then I would really beg to differ with them, because the people that truly know me know that I have a server's heart, I want to change the world, and I want the REAL kind of world peace that isn't phonied under Miss America and her typical interview question.  So, in actuality, it would really chap my ass if someone said I was obsessed with myself.

I think "embracing myself" is more like it.  Obsessed?  I'm not obsessed with my failures, scars, and habitual bad habits.  But I sure as hell embrace them.  They make me who I am.  And I love myself.  Am I obsessed with myself because I love myself?  I don't think so.  The people who like to write girls like me off as being cocky, conceited, or self-righteous are the ones who don't have the balls to be who they really are - so they're jealous. 
And jealousy is a disease that I'm glad I don't have.
I'll take anxiety, depression, and ADHD anyday over jealousy and envy.

It's an honor to embrace who I am.  I know I'm not a perfect friend but I'm pretty darn good one.  I know that I don't have healing hands but I have helping ones.  I know that I am not righteous, but I know the real righteous one and He gives me the strength to do the things that He wants me to do.  I can't service the world but I can service people to my ability.  I can't live a fantasy but I can dream.  I can't change the scary, dark past but I can make my future as bright as a fourth of July firework's finale.  And that's what I am doing.  So get out of my way, haters, you're blocking the good view.



For the record, I've always been this way. 

Sassy
Unique
Humble
Different

and I know this for damn sure....

It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not.

But the joke is on the haters because I've got people who love me.
Who believe in me.
Who help me.
Who never leave me.
Who stand up for me.
Who fight for me.
Who think I'm crazy and all sorts of fun and lively and keep me rockin' on!

LOVE Y'ALL!! :)


peace and love
to the lovers only

baily


p.s.
I'm obsessed with
Words With Friends
PLAY ME:  WildflowerJones









3 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

I love this post!! people that are obsessed with themselves and impressing others are so tacky and classless. Being yourself is so much better. Bye haterrrrs!

and omg words with friends is SOO addicting!!

EricaMarie724 is my name on it haha

xoxox

Suze said...

I love love love this post too! I so needed this today! thanks buddy!!!! you're awesome! :)

Jessica Ruud said...

I love this post!! And I agree about people being obsessed with themselves. But embracing yourself and loving who you are is just fabulous!! Love.

Have a great weekend.