Monday, February 8, 2010

True Devotion

I spend my days doing the normal things for your typical twenty-two year old girl.  As a student, I study and go to class.  As a friend, I socialize.  As a daughter, I call home to Mom and Daddy.  As a Child Development Associate, I do my practicum hours at the preschool.  As a "dog-mom", I play and go to the park.  As a writer, I blog.  As a blogger, I surf the internet.  As a Christian, I pray - but I cannot honestly say that I keep myself disciplined about reading the Bible each day or staying focused on my various devotional books.  So, to better my relationship with the Lord, I am going to add a "Daily Scripture" post to my blog.  That way, since I am either blogging and/or blog-hopping on a daily basis, I can post the scripture that I read and that inspires me each particular day.  Not only will this help MY relationship with Christ, but it may offer inspiration to someone who reads "The 'Other' Sister." 
I'm very fortunate to have a loving father on this earth just as we are all very fortunate to have a loving heavenly Father.  The father that is Daddy to me gives me a devotional book every year at Christmas.  A couple of years ago he gave me "God Bless The Crimson Tide: Devotions for the Die-Hard Alabama Fan."  Last year he gave me "Daily Steps for God Chicks," a 90-day devotional written by a heroic survivor of breast cancer.  This year, he gave me "Four Paws from Heaven: Devotions for Dog Lovers."  Just as my heavenly Father knows what is best for me at each stage of my life, each devotional book that my earthly father has given me has been right on point for the high's and low's of my life as I grow up.  They are all based on The Bible, which I know is the book that can get me through ANY high's and ALL low's in my life. 
From childhood to adulthood, God's word is the lamp unto our feet.
So, this is my reason and story behind a new addition to my blog. A daily scripture for inspiration, love, comfort, and blessing.
I hope everyone finds the way, the truth, and the life through the Lord and the pages in the Holy Bible.

Peace & Love,
BJJ
The 'Other' Sister

No comments: