Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daily Scripture

Since I forgot to write a daily scripture yesterday, and this being the first Sunday since I started the Daily Scripture, I thought I would share my very favorite bible verse.  I have lots of "favorites" so I am going to post one of them on Sundays.  I usually just open my bible and start reading and share the verse, from what I just read, that means the most to me/applies to me most on that particular day.  However, some days it is just good to revert to my bible that has 11 years worth of highlights, notes, and lists of favorite and meaningful scripture.  This verse has been a favorite since October of 2002.  I will always remember this verse (even if it wasn't highlighted and noted in my bible) because I found it completely enlightening that my Pastor preached on this verse in a Sunday sermon my sophomore year of high school.  The day before this very Sunday sermon that  I am referring to, I set my personal record in a cross-country race.  Not only was this a special weekend for me, but I never beat that time ever again in the remaining two and a half years of my cross-country career.  The fact that this verse was spoken to me the very next day made this racing highlight even more memorable.  And, this verse - about 'running the race' - has served as a guide in my life-journey.  I know I am still 'running the race' and that only God knows where my finish line is.  Still, I try my best to keep a steady pace and practice endurance and strength as a Christian woman.  I hope we all run our races with an aim at receiving the prize - the ultimate prize - seeing our heavenly Father and living an eternal life with him. (Leave me a comment and share YOUR favorite bible verse).

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
New International Version

Do you not know that in a race all of the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be diaqualified for the prize.


At the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Cali. for the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - Alabama vs. Texas
With friends: Richard Crump, Preston Nash, Me, Baker McConnel, Collin Jones, Michael Horner and Eric Sand.







No comments: