Friday, March 4, 2011

zach deputy show. orlando, fl

Zach Deputy
at
The Plaza Live

The show was unbelievable.
My entire night was, actually. 


Groovy is an understatement when it comes to describing what fun I had and how much joy it brought me to reconnect with an old friend through music.  It is funny - the friendships that are born when two souls share the same respect for beatnik jams.  I don't know, maybe others don't see it in the same way that I do - but it's pretty beautiful.  Music just has a way of speaking to people - that is, if you are really listening.  That is something that I have come to learn in this ever-adventurous musical journey I have found myself on over the past few years.

Maybe that is why I have so much love for the friend that introduced me to this uniquely styled music.  He saw me hurting and in such pain and he knew that music could free me, so he made me listen to Widespread Panic and Phish until I just could not get enough of it.  I still can't... that's why it's so awesome that these bands JUST PLAY MUSIC.  Their song encyclopedias are endless... they could fill an entire iPod's memory space on their own I am sure - they live to play music and they play music to live.
I realized, in the deepest crevice of my depression, that I must have music to live.  

I'm one of those people who just comes to life when the music starts.  I can't sit down at a concert and when I am standing, I am definitely not standing still.  I am a wildflower dancer... a wiggler... a bouncer... a hip-swiveler... a jammer.

So last night, when I met up with an old friend who I reconnected with over our shared music interests, I was delighted to find out that he is a jam-head, too!  We did not stay still the entire night and were in disbelief at how anyone could stand there and not dance to Zach Deputy's stellar performance last night. 


Not sure what's up with my eyes!
It's that weird, theater show lighting! 
(Not the fact that I don't have a soul because truuuuust me, I've got some soul... and Zach Deputy brought it out of me last night!)


So I grooved out with some fellow ecclectics and had such a kick-ass time - and to be honest, I've had a little rhythm in my step all day... I just can't keep from feeling SO GOOD today after I danced all of my worries out last night.  They are gone - Good riddance, anxiety!


The show was also a good excuse to meet new people that shared similar taste in music to me.  I met up with Ryan and a couple of his buddies (one gave us free tickets to the show - score!) and I got to witness the tail end of their own little jam-session in the living room of a UCF student's home.  Even though I don't go/didn't go to UCF, I felt so comfortable and "normal" being on a beer-soaked hand-me-down couch, listening to guy-friends' electric and bass guitars and any other instrumentalists that feel like partaking in the "session."  It's college. 
A normal week-day night for the music lovin' college kid.

Jam a little, catch a live show, and talk about the festivals you plan on attending in the upcoming months.  And that is what we did.  It was perfect!!!

I hope these cool cats invite me along for more shows and living room jam sessions!


Oh yea, did I mention I love music?

You know you want to check out Zach Deputy's blog.

peace and love
bjj

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing night! I'll def have to check out the music. I don't understand when people can sit still during music either... I'm a new follower!
http://mandyhippychic.blogspot.com/

Sarah @ Cubicle Sanity said...

Um, not to mention that both fellas are super handsome and easy on the eyes!

raveninthewolfden said...

Music has been there for me through thick and thin. Its amazing to see someone talk passionatly about music, and I can totally relate.

Rock on girl. =) good post.