Thursday, March 24, 2011

thursday's thoughts

I'm at work and I'm full of good anxiety because I'm stoked about this weekend.
It is the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16 Round....
and my Heels are there.  But so are my nemesises: Duke and Florida. 

I'm actually going to hang out with Gator friends tonight to watch their game against BYU - and to be honest, I will be pulling (controllably, without making a rowdy scene) for Brigham-Young.  I won't cause any fights or fits with my passionate Florida friends, but I can't stand the fact that they are in the tournament - and in the easiest bracket of all.  Just sayin'.

Tomorrow night the Heels play Marquette and I probably won't sleep much tonight because I am a high-anxiety, crazy, psycho Carolina fan and I just don't do well during March.
There are reasons it's called MARCH MADNESS, ya know...

Anyways, aside from being a big basketball junkie lately I have also been spending some quality time with my Mom, hanging with my awesome friends, and working more hours this week than I have since I started my new job. I am loving it, though - the people I work with make me smile and are full of funny, happy, uplifting stories. 
Plus, when I get my pay-checks... I get a Florida Lotto ticket with it.  How cool, I so dig it!


I am really starting to become an even firmer believer in things happening for a reason.  I know that the things that make up my life now are what is meant to be because I am just over-all in a better place mentally, physically, and emotionally.  I think getting this job and having a structure to my day had a lot to do with that.  Whether it can be noticed by those around me or not, there is extreme personal  growth growing on in my heart & soul and I can find a love for myself and a peace of mind from that.  It feels good.  But not enough to subdue the March Madness anxiety. 

Another "feel good" is Momma's rose bush that always blooms so pretty every year.
She let me have one since I have been the official photographer of the blooming pinkness lately :)  I love it.  It looks perfect outside in it's natural place and by my bed - don't you think?



I've been laying out in the sunshine a lot and finally have that "natural white bikini" that I long for all winter long.  I am so glad that I have this home in Florida that the Lord blessed my family with and the ability to spend time outside and enjoy the goodness of being home.  I really do understand a lot more about who I am now that I am here - and I am definitely a North Carolina Cherokee with my fortunately easily tanning skin, and I am definitely this handsome man's daughter - because check out his shades! ;)

Love you, Daddy!


Just wanted to spread some peace & love and send some cheer your way today!
I've been an inconsistent blogger lately but that's because I've been venting and relaxing in other ways... plus, my schedule is a lot different now than it was, well, ever.
It's finally semi-normal.
Semi.

LOVE LOVE LOVE you all!


p&l
b

I STILL FIND EACH DAY TOO SHORT FOR ALL THE THOUGHTS I WANT TO THINK, ALL THE WALKS I WANT TO TAKE, ALL THE BOOKS I WANT TO READ, AND ALL THE FRIENDS I WANT TO SEE.
-JOHN BURROUGHS






6 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

glad you are loving your job! jealous you get a lotto ticket haha GOOD LUCK!!

xoxoxo

mary kate said...

so good to hear im not the only crazy march madness fan here. although my bracket aint doing to hot at the moment. have fun watching the games! glad that your enjoying your job.

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

I'm so happy you're doing well and loving your job. I love reading your blog... it's awesome! Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend!

~Ariel at http://adreamersdaze.blogspot.com

Dree said...

I'm such a believer in things happening for a reason, too. (I had an urge to say that I was a "Belieber", but nah) Your Mom's rosebush is beautiful!

megan said...

Fellow Gator hater here! But I pull for the other Carolina...who made it no where near the tournament. Your mom's rose is beautiful! :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

that qoute is one of the best i've ever read.