Thursday, April 29, 2010

pondering thoughts

Let's just face it, since it's dead week and I am a little burnt out, does it really surprise you that I've spent a lot of time on collegehumor.com and on my blogger dashboard? I've caught up on my blog reading and I feel that this was an act of responsibility rather than irresponsibility.  In my mind where I twist everything to make it seem better than it really is, I've convinced myself that I have read all of the blogs I follow this week, so that I won't distract myself next week when the exams actually start.  I have no excuse for collegehumor.com other than the fact that it's incredibly sarcastic and never fails to tickle me.  Who said studying couldn't be fun?

There has been a list pop up on several of the blogs I have been reading lately.  I have a feeling that I'm not the only college-blog-writer-girl that finds every excuse to procrastinate.  I'm not going to share the entire list... I'm sure it's floated your way via email or Google reader or something.  But it's a list made up of THOUGHTS TO PONDER: here are a few of my favs, which I find completely true or agreeable, and satisfies my wit and sarcastic charm.
  • How in the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
  • MapQuest needs to start their directions at instruction #5. I might not be a genius, but I know how to get out of my own neighborhood.
  • I completely disagree with the Kay Jewelers commercials. I bet on any given Friday or Saturday night, more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
  • More often than not, when a person is telling a story all I can think about is I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that is not only better, but also more directly involves me.
  • That's enough, Nickelback.
  • Has anyone else noticed that 'lol' has gone from meaning "laugh out loud" to "I don't have anything else to say"
  • Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron exam is absolutely petrifying.
  • Whenever I'm facebook-stalking someone and find out their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.  781 pictures? Don't mind if I do! 
  • Nothing sucks more than that moment in an argument that you realize you're wrong.
These crack me up. There's a list of 50 of them, but these are undoubtedly the ones that I usually bring up in conversation with people.  Maybe I don't even bring them, I might just think them in my head with that sort of Cruela DeVil laugh that I do with that shit eating grin of mine.

PEACE&LOVE
-the already tired of studying baily

No comments: