Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day Five - fav quote

If you know me, you know I love my quotes. It is never a rare occassion that someone brings up my "facebook quotes" in a friendly conversation.  See, for as long as I can remember I have always had this sort of love for quotes.  Whether it is a cynical comment from my sister that humors all of us around her or a dramatically expressed quote from a movie or even the witty one-liners from television shows, I have always loved to keep quotes that move me or enlighten me in a journal.  But somewhere along the way in these five years since I have been a member of the ever-so-famous 'facebook' I have always quoted lyrics or movie characters or television personalities as my status.  It's always fun to see who enjoys that quote for the day and it truly is something that reflects the emotions or feelings that are inside me on each particular day.  I still journal my quotes as well and as I flip through them and scroll through my facebook statuses, I can't seem to pinpoint a single one that I like more than the others.  I know that takes the fun out of this 30 Day Blog Challenge that I am doing and Day 5 says I am to pick a favorite quote and write about it, but I honestly don't have one favorite.  Of course, many of my favorites come from the movie Forrest Gump and the t.v. show Sex and the City so therefore I have already mentioned some of them, but other favorites come from Janis Joplin and John Lennon and Gandhi and Bear Bryant and Steve Prefontaine. Since quotes are one of my favorite things in the world and there is NO WAY I can pick just one to write about, I am going to share several that either describe the kind of person I am or express the things I believe or inspire me to be better each day.  I hope you ENJOY!

"I always tell the girls, never take it seriously. If ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt.  Ya never get hurt, ya always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends." -Penny Lane (Almost Famous)
"You have to do the best with what God gave you." -Ms. Gump (Forrest Gump)
"I gotta go on doin' it the way I see it. I got no choice but to take it like I see it. I'm here to have a party on this earth. I'm gettin' it now, today, because I don't even know where I'm gonna be twenty years from now. So, I'm just gonna keep on rockin', 'cause if I start saving up bits and pieces of me, man.. there ain't gonna be nothing left for Janis." -Janis Joplin
"You are the only person on this earth that can use your ability." -Zig Ziglar
"Just love. Make mistakes. Have wonderful times. But NEVER second guess who you are, where you have been, and most importantly - where it is you are going." -Carrie (SATC)
"You get what you settle for." -Thelma and Louise
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." -John Lennon
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
"Don't compromise yourself - you're all you've got." -Janis Joplin
"THE PRICE OF VICTORY IS HIGH. BUT SO ARE THE REWARDS." -Paul W. Bryant
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius. It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe
"I KNOW GOD WILL NOT GIVE ME MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE. I JUST WISH HE DIDN'T TRUST ME SO MUCH." -Mother Teresa
"I'm tough, ambitious, and know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay! -Madonna
"If God had intended us all to be the same, he'd a given us all braces on our legs!" -Ms. Gump (Forrest Gump)

HAHA! See, I told you I couldn't pick just ONE! That would be such a tease for me because I love my quotes! I have lots more and I'm sure you've seen me sneak them in my postings whenever possible and if you're my friend on facebook then you definitely can't miss the infamous "quote of the day" that I put up there.  But seriously, quotes are meant to inspire us so next time you hear something in a movie or on tv or in a speech or anything else, take note of it (you might have to "google it" later) and let is inspire you even more! It never hurts to pull out some of my journals and let some of the quotes do their work on me :)

"I'm one of those regular weird people." -Janis Joplin

Peace ("Give peace a chance." -John Lennon & Yoko Ono)
&
LOVE ("Love and be loved." -George Sand
Bjj

No comments: