Thursday, April 29, 2010

the one i shouldn't be writing right now

Only during "dead week" do I take a shower at 1:37am.  Only during the most upside down "dead week" in five years did I just take my break-from-studying-shower.  In a hotel bathroom.  Can someone PLEASE remind me to get some Q-Tips? And tweezers, the uni is back.

I feel like the hotel staff has adopted me, by the way.  Apparently the house-keeping staff has taken note that I do not like the un-Godly "things" they spread across the foot of my beds.  Yes, beds.  I may not have much to my name, but I DO have two double beds.  And two of those "things" folded up and put under my nightstand, next to the Bible - placed by the Gideons.  But seriously, instead of continuing to knock on my door at the crack of dawn in order to come in and do some sunshine cleaning, they call me at night and ask if I would like my room serviced.  My one cup coffee maker that I fought with every morning in the bathroom is neatly tucked away at the top of my 2x4 closet.  I've been a coffee drinker my whole life but I'd rather throw on a bra and take the elevator down to my continental breakfast to get a cup rather than brew my off-brand coffee from the toilet.  No thanks!

The shower was a good idea though.  I had been living at 1008 Oak for almost two years and apparently I became immune to the drizzle of the janked up shower I shared with another roomie.  Actual water pressure relaxes me so much better than the rinse that resembled a watering can.  The entire 10 minutes I spend in the shower I contemplate whether or not there really is a difference in the soap that bares the different titles - the real risk taker in me wants to try the facial soap on my body and the body soap on my face.  Oh yeah, remind me to write one of my infamous letters to J.W. Marriott and ask him if he really thinks that soap smells good or not.  I've stayed at his hotels all across the nation, all with different "star" ratings, and every bar of soap smells like a damn dumpster. Eew, not rubbing that thing on my face or bod, ok. Thank God for Wal-Mart, again.

When I'm not letting the titled soaps get the best of me during shower time, I enjoy the only few minutes I get away from the interstate noise.  WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE ON THE ROAD RIGHT NOW? Go to bed. Or blog about useless stuff, whatever. Just get off the road already!

I wasn't sure if my late-night/early-morning shower was going to revive me or relax me.  The verdict so far... it kinda did both.  I was going to push on and finish this concepts of young children outline if it revived me and I was going to get some shut-eye so I can wake up in the morning and finish it if it relaxed me.  But really I'm just back at square one.  A cleaner version though. 

Here's a thought: the University of Alabama shouldn't call this 5-day stretch before exams "dead week."  It's totally more like "why the hell can't we take our tests this week and be done with it already." 

PEACE&LOVE
Bai Bai

I Google'd (it's what makes the my world go 'round) Dead Week... of course my beloved wikipedia provided some information for those of you unfamiliar to this week-long study hall. Click here.
Goodnight from the gypsy highway.

No comments: