Monday, June 13, 2011

(mm)

Miscellany Monday
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{one}

Last night the Orlando Food Truck Bazaar came to my little town of Oviedo.  I went with my parents, who had never been to a Food Truck meetup before, and we had a good time eating and experiencing something new for a Sunday night.  I'm really glad that Orlando has really taken to this groovy trend!





We went for the Mama's Fixin's truck for a Southern-style Sunday supper! It was super delicious... and probably the best collard greens I've ever had. 

{two}

I have been without glasses since the fire took them last April.  I know, stupid me - it should have been one of the first things I replaced.  I have a horrible astigmatism and the year without any eye aid turned it even worse.  The doctor was concerned about my left eye... which is the one that has been bothering me non-stop.  Makes sense! Ha. Well, I ordered new RX eye-glasses as well as RX sunglasses. And we all know me... I'm all RAYBAN!
This picture will have to do for now because I don't actually have them yet.   

I got my prescription sunglasses though...
enter: problem!


Now that I've rocked the sunglasses with the prescription, I can not see a damn thing when I take them off to go inside or when it gets dark.  Yay for that.  Needless to say, my parents have called me Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder all weekend because I totally wore them inside.  Good thing we never left the oasis at the resort so I never looked like a moron in public.
I watched the movie '127 Hours' with these on.  Just think of them as hip 3D viewing glasses... and pretend the tv was 3D.  ;)

{three}

I was reunited with the babygirl this morning. She & Jackson & Lola stayed at the kennel while we were gone this weekend. I do believe she is unaware that she isn't human. 
Please excuse her unmodesty!!

I cannot get over how funny her personality is -- everyone that meets her loves her. It makes me so happy that I have done a good job raising her. On June 18th it will mark the 2-year anniversary of me getting her! She means so much to me because she has kept me going through the darkest and toughest 2 years of my life.


{four}

Mom and I started attending the First Orlando Women's Ministry Bible Study last Wednesday night.  We meet every Wednesday to discuss the lessons, have fellowship with other Godly women, and experience God's unfailing grace.  I am IN LOVE with this study!
It was originally created for college students/young adults with the intent to help them find God and go in the direction of Him.  It gives hope through scripture and the scripture gives hope for the abundant life we live if we trust the Lord to be in control.  It is PERFECT for me!  I am already getting so much out of it!
If you are seeking your path in life and feel lost, overwhelmed, or like your mistakes and failures will always hold you back... I encourage you to do this study!  All of those disappointments were instruments of the hand of God and it all works towards the greater good of us who trust Him.  You will feel free of some pretty heavy chains!

{five}

My favorite color always inspires me...
What is your favorite color?






I am such a turquoise junkie!

{six}

Since I am not doing much at Visions Electronics lately, I have taken to pet-sitting! Haha. A lot of my mom's friends are traveling with their kids for summer break & since I am such a dog lover - I get to play with even more precious pups!
How 'bout this cutie pie?

His name is "Tank"
... it is fitting, huh?!?
He's so sweet :)


Hope you enjoyed Miscellany Monday!
 I have not linked up for it in a while but it is always fun & random... which is how I like to keep things usually! Head over to 'lowercase letters' and join the party!


peace&love
baily*  




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh girlfriend! I have astigmatism tooo!!!! I have prescription ray ban regular glasses that I wear all day at work...I tend to ignore my eyesight when it comes to sunnies...we have the opposite problem lol

Jacki said...

Hi, dropping by from Carissa's lowercase letters! I feel so stupid now, I didn't know there is such a thing as prescription sunglasses. I will have to buy my husband one haha.

Jessica Ruud said...

Love this! Ha, so sad you couldn't see without them, but the pictures are great!! That dog is so cute aw. And I love turquoise as well. Wonderful color :)

xo.

Chelsea said...

The color turquoise is awesome! & I like the new header :)

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

I totally love the glasses and sunglasses that you picked out! You can definitely get away with rockin them inside :) Good for you for taking care of business and ordering them. You deserve to take care of yourself! I waited a looong time to replace my RX because money was so tight last year...I saved up and finally treated myself to the eye doctor and the dentist! HA! To think of those as "treats" is kind of ironic (thanks to my Dad's business partner for taking our money and crashing our company....kewl huh?). And, I'm lovinggg the color crush. It's so pretty! Hope you're having a good day:) MademoiselleMichael

Lori said...

Oh, hi i'm obsessed with this post. First off, your pup is ADORABLE and I love how cute she is! She looks so happy. Next, those blue pictures are amazing, especially the nail polish and the Toms shoes. Going to check out that Bible study!

new follower, please stop on by..
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Reese and Leigh said...

New reader here :) I love this post!

JMay said...

bahaha! I love that picture of you and your dog, so cute! I so wish I could get a dog right now...

P.S. You need to join pinterest, lots of lovely turquoise images/ideas :-)