Thursday, June 2, 2011

God is SO good!



I hope everyone is having a fabulous Thursday so far. 
I am!

You know why?  Because I woke up today with the most amazing feeling of God's love and I received a HUGE answer to prayer that I was desperately searching for.  The Lord has been at work in my heart and mind in recent weeks about taking steps in a new direction.  He has spoken to me about friendships, relationships, and myself.  God and I have "gotten real" with one another lately and I was in a crucial period of needing direct guidance and Godly answers. 

Welp, today.... it came!  I feel so good about what the Lord has directed me to do about the burdens He has laid on my heart and the convictions I've felt in my soul. 

There is nothing better than knowing He is in control and that with His control only good things are in store.  When I get myself caught in a strong current up "poop creek" without a paddle, it is usually because I felt like steering and trying to take control of my life.  And let's just say... I am nowhere near the perfectionist, wise man, and healer by grace that God is.  I get myself in trouble... He keeps me from it. 

All you need is love.  God's love.

I am so blessed to have friends with a strong Christian faith because they help me realize what is honest, pure, and good.  Like, Michelle, who has become one of my very best friends.  She reminded me of this verse found in Hebrews chapter 4. 

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

 Speaking of Michelle... please go visit her blog and wish her a HAPPY GRADUATION!  She and I are a lot alike... we struggle but push to overcome it.  She is such an inspiration to me!! A wonderful inspiration!


peace-&-love
-b-j-j-









4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Praise the Lord! I love days like this and am encouraged by your words! Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

beautiful post -- so glad to hear God is speaking to you and that you are listening =) I am so encouraged by your positive energy and faith!

Liz said...

that's awesome! there's nothing better than knowing that God is involved.

Michelle (michabella) said...

How am I late to seeing this?!?! I love you Baily!!! So glad God put each other in our lives :) God indeed is SO good!! Excited for all the good He has coming into your life! <3