Wednesday, November 24, 2010

we heart music

One of my biggest beliefs is that two people can't possibly max out their love for one another without sharing a similar taste in music.  Trust me on this one, I have dated my fair share of boys and I have kissed a bunch of frogs.  At one point, I just said "screw it" and convinced myself that there was no Prince Charming for me, and if there was - he just wouldn't have my taste in music because there seemed to be no compatible music lover out there for me.  But - like most of the time, I was wrong!

One of these days I will get around to telling the entire story of my journey to finding such peace, love, and happiness with Clay, but for now I will just tell you a little bit about his good music taste - almost as good as his taste in women ;) Just kidding.

Since I had been hearing about Clay for so long from our mutual family-friends (his Godmother), I decided to "stalk" a little on FB to try to figure out who he was and learn a little more about him.  I mean, if it is on the profile then it really isn't me "stalking", right? ;) Haha

When I found his profile via a link from our shared friend's profile, I was immediately drawn to his quotes.  Always the quotes first, it's me!  I think quotes tell a lot about a person.  He had a Phish quote (one of our faaaaavorite bands).  That propelled me into thinking that he might possibly be just as cool as he was handsome in his pictures.  So, thanks to the Phish quote, I took it upon myself to introduce myself in a FB message and that's where it all began...

Then the texting. And phone calls. And the figuring out of when we were going to get to meet face-to-face.  A lot of our beginning texts and phone calls were about music, and obviously a lot about life in general.  Something huge was in the making... something wonderful... and I really can give a nod of appreciation to the music that we both love for making that come together for us.

And it has been fun, the music that sort of binds us.  Whether it be Phish, Zach Deputy, The Beatles, or Widespread Panic.  It's the sounds of reggae, string bands, and one-man bands that give us the background music we need for our many spontaneous dances we share in the living room, in a parking lot, or at a show we've traveled to go to together.  I'm very grateful for the music, and I'm very grateful for the love it found me. 

Sounds cheesy, but if you are over there rolling your eyes and unable to see the beauty I've found in these two things that came together for me, I'll be the first to say that you might want to listen to a few more jams and take to heart what they say every once in a while - because trust me, you never know what song is next on your playlist in life and if I hadn't been listening I would have missed the best song yet.

He's definitely my favorite song.  And it's a good one, almost perfectly composed.

So open up your hearts and ears to the music because usually, it's about a lot more than melody and lyric - it could be the door that opens up to the life you always wanted.

peace and love
baily

p.s. why am i so high on the music right now? because i have 7,478 items in my iTunes now.  i almost have as many songs as i did before the fire blew my computer up and plucked every torrent i owned (or pirated) away.  how??? that amazing music-loving bf i just told you about let me borrow his external hardrive and since we have the SAME love for peace & love music, well - that shoe fit too! because all of his music fit perfectly into my new beginnings iTunes files.  i am sooooooooo happy.
turn it up...

No comments: