Tuesday, August 23, 2011

That was a long time gone.

Oh my goodness, it feels good to be posting again.  I'm sure I seemed like a lost cause of a Blogger while I was away for almost 3 weeks but I have been on the go and out of town for two solid weeks.  I guess you can say there is a lot to catch up on but I'll try to make this update as short and sweet as possible.  Yeah, right.

I promise I'll try. 

I went to Charlotte for the first week of my two week hiatus from normal life.  I have been blessed with a pretty awesome relationship, as of late and I was there visiting Sheldon.  He is a friend from way back in the day that I have always had a great relationship with.  He moved away to Charlotte about a year after we met in middle school but we remained close friends throughout all the years. His family's visits back home to Orlando allowed for a steady friendship and a memorable past filled with stories that no other group of friends could ever hold a candle to. These friends were special... and the tragic loss of one of them brought us all back together a few weeks ago.  In spite of the unfortunate circumstances, the one we lost too soon was the one who finally had it his way - Greg brought Sheldon and I together in a relationship kind of way while we were back in the same place at the same time.  Life does that.  Crazy beautiful...

So I spent a solid week of happiness with my best friend who I have a newfound love for.  I am the happiest girl in the world.



On top of all that serendipity, I witnessed the most amazing miracle a week ago today.  My sister and Tyler brought the most beautiful baby boy I have ever seen into the world and into our family on August 16, 2011.  Grayson Coleman Little weighed 7lb. 9oz. and was 19.5in long.  At first sight, I was absolutely in love with everything about him.  I may or may not be boo-whooing right now.  But seriously, I have never seen anything so amazing in my entire life.  I can only imagine what it will be like through the eyes of Ashley - looking at you and your soulmate's perfect creation.  I am so proud of them... I have utmost respect and admiration for them as a couple and now, a family.  They are true children of God and now they are parents and are experiencing the kind of love that God has for us as they look at their own child.  I am just in heaven as I watch my sister become this amazing mother.  I never doubted her, she pretty much did the job as my second mother my whole life so she ought to have it down pat. ;)





I just love my new role as an "Aunt"... I am was the baby of the family so I never knew what it was like to have a little brother or sister.  Being an older sibling just wasn't in the hand I was dealt.  I was the younger sibling.  I dreamed of this time in my life for so long... when I would have a special bond with my older sister's child... the way she had an incredible love and special bond with me as her little sister.  I couldn't wait until the day I was to be able to begin watching a new member of my family grow up.  I was jealous of friends that had younger siblings that they were able to witness this miracle with.  My miracle came and I can't explain the love I have for him.  It is life-changing, to say the least.



Check out Sissy's blog and get all the baby talk from her.  She's got the cutest baby in the world who has the most precious baby nursery I've ever seen and the most amazing, Godly parents in the entire world.  Grayson is so blessed and they are so blessed because of him.  I could go on and on.. I am already, aren't I?

Tell me what y'all have been up to while I've been off falling in love and becoming Aunt Sissy.  Can't wait to catch up on everyone else's blogs!  Sorry I've been Miss Sketchball.  Love y'all lots!

Peace & Love
Baily






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW- You have really had some awesome things going on in your life! Very glad you have found a new friend/love interest & are enjoying your days together. Being an Aunt is such a privelage & I can already see your going to be an awesome Aunt. Your nephew is ADORABLE!!! I am now following your Sis so I can watch this little guy grow! Happy Tuesday and Welcome Back :)

Liesl said...

Welcome back!!! I am so happy that so many wonderful things have been happening for you...love it! I love being an aunt...it is the best role ever! :) Enjoy it all!

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Such beautiful words and photos!!! Congratulations on the little bundle of joy joining the family and getting to see your friend! How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Grayson is adorable! Congrats! Being a aunt is amazing! Enjoy it

Anonymous said...

congrats on becoming an auntie! it is the best feeling in the world.

grayson is beautiful, i am so happy for you and your family.

xoxo - missy.

Kasey Lynne said...

Cute photos!!
Those kinds of friendships/relationships are the best!!

And being an auntie is one of the most AMAZING things in the world!

Woodard Gang said...

Baily...You have the most adorable blog! I adore your honesty and zest for life :) Congrats on being an aunt...Grayson is adorable!

Oh...miss seeing you at FBCO sitting with your parents when you are in town!

Eva said...

I can't wait to be an aunt! And a mommy. So cute :)

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com