Monday, August 29, 2011

My Birthday Weekend :)

I just got back from Charlotte where I was celebrating my birthday weekend with Sheldon.
We had a laid-back weekend that was so relaxing, even though time seemed to fly by!


I got there Thursday night so that I could outrun Hurricane Irene up Interstate 95.  We hung out, played with Millie (I brought the pup along this time) and watched TV - those little simple things that mean the most!

The 3 of us (Sheldon, Millie, and I) went out on the boat Friday afternoon and splashed around Lake Norman.  Millie is a big fan of swimming! 





After our outdoors outing, Sheldon and I went to a nice dinner at Eez Fusion - an asian inspired restaurant.  We had a great time on our date!  It was the best birthday date I have ever been on!

On Saturday, we went out on his best friend's pontoon boat with some other friends of his and pontooned around Lake Norman.  I got some good sun and had a fun-filled birthday afternoon.  That night, we picked up an appetizer, chicken wings, and wine and watched funny movies.  I could NOT have asked for a more kick-ass birthday evening. 

Sunday was spent piddlin' around Mooresville and Davidson.  Sheldon took me to a record store and let me pick out some vinyl records.  This was a whole new experience for him and I couldn't hide the grin I had on my face as I watched him watch me flip through all these records.   We walked away with: Janis Joplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers Band, Tom Petty, and The Rolling Stones. 


I pretty much freaked out when I found both the Janis and Rolling Stones vinyls.  I have looked all over for both of them.  I am glad to finally have them in my collection!  

Later Sunday evening, we went to his family's house where they had a birthday dinner to celebrate his mom & I's birthday.  (Hers is the 30th and mine was the 27th)


 I am so fortunate for the relationship that I have with Sheldon's family.  I have a special bond with even his grandparents and cousins.  I love that the many years of friendship is what built such a wonderful relationship and what welcomed me into the family so long ago. 

(Cole, Sheldon & Jacob playing frisbee with Millie Jean)

(Sheldon's older brother, Cole & I. Cole grew up with my brother-in-law, Tyler, back when their family lived in FL)  I love how we are all still great friends! And now even moreso!

Knowing that we have two families who are excited for us & who pray over us makes this serendipitous journey such an amazing experience.  I am truly, truly blessed beyond measure!

I love my life!
Here's to being 24 years young...

peace & love
bjj

4 comments:

Jenn W. said...

Happy Birthday!

Liesl said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I just loved Charlotte, which I used to go to often when in college in NJ for auditions! Fun times! You have so many wonderful years ahead of you!

Liesl :)

lrnshelby said...

Your puppy is so stickin cute!! :D Happy birthday!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

i turn 24 this year too. crazy, i had no idea we were the same age! i hope you had an amazing birthday and by the pictures and stories you've told it sounds like it was just that! xoxo