Thursday, January 19, 2012

it's still a new year

Sometimes we don't always get off to the most magnificent start in the new year.  Sometimes it isn't until Spring or Summer that we really start feeling ALIVE and wanting to live it up.  We are so gung-ho about New Years because we're in a celebrative spirit, but usually after the first of the year comes and goes the exhaustion from the holidays get to us and we find ourselves in a slump.

No, just me? 

This year hasn't been that bad though.  Last year my new years was a defining one.  I moved home after 6 years at school where I battled mental illness and depression more than anything else the last couple years that I was there.  I changed my life around and was in a home-coming spirit this time last year.  The world was mine to grasp... yet, sometimes I feel like I'm still just hanging on.

Except over the entire course of last year, I continued to learn and grow and become.  In the summer, I fell in love with my close friend from adolescence while he was in town mourning the loss of our other good friend who was taken from us too soon and unexpectedly.  The entire year was about taking the good from the bad, overcoming the little things and seizing the beauty in the bigger picture of things.

The events of last year made for a wonderful start to this year.  There is so much hope, adventure, and ambition boiling inside me that just wasn't there in the years past.  I am just so excited about what 2012 has in store!

So if you aren't off to the best of starts, I hope you keep going.  Keep truckin', keep dreamin', keep prayin', and keep livin'.  I'm glad I didn't quit when life tried to get the best of me last year.

I love you ALL!


Neil Gaiman
 
peace & love
baily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this so badly today! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

well put. i completely agree. i have to keep reminding myself it's still a new year almost weekly. :) xoxo