Monday, January 16, 2012

EASY RECIPE!!! {Chocolate Chess Pie}



I absolutely LOVE this recipe!

As a Southern girl, I love some pies!! I’m very much on a pie kick right now, just like my cupcake, cake, and fro-yo binges in the past have played out – I can NOT get ENOUGH pie! I don’t know how I stay as small as I do.

When my sis was in town during the holidays, we watched “The Help” and could not take it any longer… we had to have some chocolate chess pie.  I will say – for all of you who have seen the movie – we fortunately left out Minnie’s “secret ingredient.”  Haha!

Try this out and I PROMISE you, your man, your kiddos, whoever, will LOVE it.  You might even make your grandmother jealous! J




Ingredients:
¼ cup butter
1 ½ oz unsweetened chocolate
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
½ cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I added a little extra!)
1 unbaked nine inch pie crust/pastry shell

Directions:
Melt butter with chocolate.  Combine sugar, flour, salt, milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix together.  In a mixing bowl, combine chocolate and butter mixture with the other mixture. 
Beat with electric mixer for 5-6 minutes.
Pour filling into pie crust/pastry shell.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until set.
Let stand, cool, and set for a few minutes after baking.

ENJOY!!!! J

peace and love
baily




4 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

I reallllly wanna try this!!! Not a huge pie fan but I am a HUGE Chocolate fan :)

Cristie Young said...

I am your newest follower. I love your recipe for pie!

Thanks,

Cristie
keepingupwiththeyoung.blogspot.com

BJJ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Look forward to visiting yours :)
Peace & Love!

sSe said...

This looks delicious! Not to mention it's so unbelievably easy! Thanks for sharing!