Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Writer's Block = Random

Random Stuff:what you blog about when you've got writer's block



I am so glad that Grayson isn't a Tiger, Gator, or Volunteer...
He is a little Crimson Tide fan!!!
Seriously, there aren't many things cuter than a little Bama baby!



Okay okay, I have to add this or else my brother-in-law will ground me from hanging out with GCL.
 Baby Grayson DOES have a little bit of Gamecock in him, too.  But, I think he will soon figure out that being a South Carolina fan is really only cool during college baseball's College World Series.
  I'm sure he will stick to Bama during football season, though.  His granddaddy Butch (my Dad) will recruit him to join the Tar Heel faithful with us when it is basketball season. My entire family is nuts over college sports and we do not expect Grayson to be anything different. 

He and his "Aunt Sissy" have been working on his soon-to-be first words....
Rolllll Tide Rolllll!

I think someone may have said "War Eagle" right before this picture was taken.
That's the "go to hell" look that I shoot at Auburn fans, too!
While I'm on the subject of the Tide, let me just tell you how stoked I am about the game this weekend.
It is Bama vs. Florida, and it is the rivalry that I look forward to the most - well, besides Auburn.  We don't play Florida every year because the Gators are in the SEC East and the Tide is in the West, but we have met plenty of times in the past few years between regular season games and the back-to-back SEC Championship games that we split victories in. The rivalry ante was upped on those two special occassions because both years the teams were ranked #1 and #2 in the BCS Poll.  Each won a national championship in the past couple of years and both teams recruit like a boss!  This year, the Gator Nation is not
quite up to their standards. With their new coach and a young-but-talented team, the Gators are the underdogs this weekend.  Bama, on the other hand, is damn near perfect and one of the most fun teams to watch this year.  I am saying that because I am a diehard Bama girl, but I am also saying that because I think a few savvy sports fans would agree with me on that. No matter who is on the field - offense, defense, or special teams - the Crimson Tide puts on a show and Nick Saban makes opposing coaches look stupid.

Anyway, I am very ready to see the show in 'the Swamp' this weekend.  I love beating my home state's largest university and my best friends' alma mater.  The rivalry is super personal for me since I live in Florida, have many Gator friends, and I am in love with a guy who bleeds that tacky orange and blue.  Being as that is his only flaw, I can live with it ;)


It's going to be a good, fun game... even if it is in 'the Swamp' and not at Bryant-Denny. 
We hosted them at home last year and put a good old fashioned ass-whooping on them and sent them back to Gainesville.  I know that in the SEC any given team can win on any given day... so I have to watch my mouth.  I just keep praying for patience and that God calm my nerves down when those fans start doing that stupid ole' "Gator chomp." Ugh... but anyways..
Cheers to the Tide!



Fall is my favorite time of year because it means:

...that it is football season & time for tailgating!
...the weather is cooler (but not miserabe winter weather!)
...a new television season begins
...Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks
... cooking and eating lots of casseroles, soups, and pies
....that the major league baseball season is almost over. (Whew!)
... that I rock boots & scarves with anything and everything.
...that the holidays are right around the corner!!!


I just wish that Florida had more of a Fall.  Summer seems to stick around until Christmas but some years we will have us a little bit of a cold spell winter.  By that I mean, bring a sweater out on your Valentine's Day date because you might need it.  I am cold-natured and have chill bumps all over in the middle of the summer, so I'm ok with just the mild coldness!  I just wish the leaves changed colors... but when the rest of the nation is cold, grey, and bare come Winter, I do have to say it feels good to have such a green and florished environment still.  Florida is just one of a kind - and you either love it or hate it.  I am enjoying it... I have not lived in FL during the Fall since 2004.  I forgot how brutally hot it still is at the end of September!!!

I took this pic from my front yard the other day...


Then later that evening, I took another one....

I thought it was fascinating how blue the daytime sky was, but it was even more exhilerating seeing the same sky be painted pink and look so pretty and sweet. 

I guess Florida is just colorful in her own way.  I can deal with the no leaves changing colors as long as I have a watercolored sunset like that!  (I wish I could have gotten a bigger shot of the sky... it went on and on and on...)

I made a really yummy casserole for my parents and I on Sunday night. 
Once I get it finished I will post the recipe.  Here's a sneak peek:

Chicken & Broccoli & Rice casserole.  It was delish - if I do say so myself!  


This post is so random and I'm over it.  Haha.  I will blog again later today when I actually have something to write about.  I have been itching to really sit down and do some creative writing here lately... I miss my short stories and personal essays that I used to post on here.  I need to make more time for my writing and I need to revitalize my inspirational and motivational techniques to get the writer's vibes vibing!

What inspires you?
I love quotes!

Like this one, for instance...



and this one...



I'll just leave you with that.
A random mess of tid-bits for your Tuesday reading.
Someone send me a prompt, a link-up, or anything to get my inspiration going.

Pretty, pretty please!?!


PEACE & LOVE
bjj



4 comments:

Emily said...

I love love your blog! It's so sweet. The nephew is so darling, aw.
x

Kasey Lynne said...

That "go to hell" look of your nephew is hilarious..what an awesome face!

I wish Florida had more of a Fall as well. I have a good friend who lives in the Orlando area and I visit her every October...and it's STILL freakin' hot and humid!! Not cool when you're from California!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Love the randomness. This weekend is going to be SO interesting for you and Sheldon! HAHA. Oh gosh.

I sooo can't wait to rock boots and scarves!!

Hope you are having a great week <3

Anonymous said...

i have writers block all the time so i just rant about what is going on in my life.

your nephew is soooo cute.