Monday, September 19, 2011

the weekend, in short.

I went to Savannah this weekend.
To meet halfway with Sheldon.


And we had a really good time - except, I got some pretty bad food poisoning because I went against my better judgement and ate crawfish.  Don't get me wrong - I love me some crawfish - but I was a little waitress at The Bayou Seafood and I grew up going to my aunt and uncle's in NOLA so I know this ain't crawfish season.  But I ate them anyways.  Then went out on the town...


Then I threw up... and threw up some more.  FOR. 14. HOURS. NON. STOP.
Luckily, I can look at that picture without feeling queasy... this is a good thing because like I said - I love me some crawfish. I plan to continue eating these in the Spring and Summer. Probably will stick to my knowledge of in and out of season in the future!

However, it did not ruin our trip entirely.  Actually, the way Sheldon took care of me like a champ made me swoon for him even more.  He's my best friend and I love the heck out of him!


We went over to Tybee Island Pier since we both have a love for the water.  We starred at the water with such stillness and it was one of those really calming moments in a world that seems to be so hectic all of the time.  I enjoyed it... a lot.


Now I am back at home and back to the grind.  I am in-training at my new restaurant gig and I am grateful for the job opp - even if it is a simple one.  I know God is continuing to bless me in my progression and journey right now because I remain so faithful to what He has in store for me.  I am grateful that Sheldon and I have a strong faith in the same things.  It is what makes this time in my life the happiest I have ever been :)

I hope everyone is off to a good start this week!

Peace & Love
Baily

5 comments:

Jessica Ruud said...

Beautiful pictures, though I'm so sorry to hear you got sick. Ugh. That's the worst. When I get sick over a certain food, I seriously can never eat it again. Hope that doesn't happen for you.

Happy Monday friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your food poisioning. They say it is horrible. I've been fortunate enough so far to never experience it. Glad that you all could make the best of your weekend anyway.

I've always wanted to visit Savannah. It looks beautiful :)

Kasey Lynne said...

i love that ring that you're wearing...it's beautiful!!

Sorry to hear that you got food poisoning! Good thing it won't ruin your love for crawfish!!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Gosh! I can't believe you got sick like that! Looks like it was such a lovely time :) xoxo

henning love said...

i just found your blog, following you now :-) i love your last photo you rock those glasses lady! and your dog is adorable!