Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TWT

I'm linking up for Tail Waggin' Tuesday for the first time in a while...
It gives me a reason to blog about the baby girl.

The 'theme' this week is to fill everyone in on what your dog's been up to this summer!  I am fortunate that I have such a fun and active dog.  She really is everything I brag about all the time and more, haha.  I am pretty obsessed with her and I just am so amazed at how happy she always is.

I have such a special bond with Millie because of how much happiness she brought to my life when there wasn't much of it.  Looking back on the 2 years that I have had her... they have been the most turbulent, the most life-changing, the most chaotic, and they've been my two biggest learning years.  She has been with me through it all and it is because of her that I have an unconditional friend and someone to always hang out with. 

This is our third summer together but really a first in many ways. The first summer she was wee-tiny (I got her on June 18th when she was 6 weeks old) and last summer we were separated the majority of it because of my post-fire living arrangements and her extended stay at my sister's house and my mom's house.  This has been our most FUN summer, by far and we are SO GLAD to be at home in Florida at "Granna's house!"  We loved Alabama... but it was time for us to come home and enjoy some time here in our transistion phase. 


meet millie jean
she's 2.
a pure-bred Boxer from North Alabama.
she's my soulmate.
here's what she looked like when I got her two years ago (6/18/09)

and here's what she looked like on July 4, 2009 --

(in the room that would later burn everything in this photo but us in a house fire! THANK GOD!)

two years later, a journey of life-changing events, and a dog/owner friendship like no other, this is
what we've been up to this summer:
We've played lots of frisbee!!
Taken lots of naps in the summer sun!!
Got our tan on!
Walked some trails! 
Gone on neighborhood walks!! 



Played with doggie-friends and human friends!! 
Watched the Casey Anthony trial!!
(and almost vom'ed when the verdict came back today)
Hung out with "Uncle Jackson" and "Aunt Lola"
(my parents Boxers)
Chased lizards and squirrels!!
Got a kiddie-pool and turned it into a doggie-pool!!
Grown even closer and become more special to my very loving Mommie!!!







She is so, so special to me and I thank the Lord for her every day. 
She is much more than a pet and much more than a dog.  She truly changed my life and gave me the privilege of experiencing "a woman's best friend."

Show us your doggie on Tail Waggin' Tuesday!

Peace and Love
Baily





Dear Millie,
I love you.
Thanks for saving me.
Love,
Mommie


7 comments:

J and A said...

Such sweet pictures. Sounds lik you two have been through a lot together. New follower. :) Happy Tuesday.

C Mae said...

I think you are the first person to thank your dog in a blog post. Melt my heart. Thanks so much for linking up!

Emily said...

This post was so cute! And your Millie Jean is even cuter.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Awww.. this made my night. Such a sweet post for your best friend :) Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is so darn adorable!! I grew up with a boxer and he was by far the best dog I ever had. I have 2 dogs now a 5 lb chi and a Boston Terrier Begale mix and I keep felony my husband I wanna get a boxer.

ty said...

You have the sweetest little baby girl :)

Anonymous said...

oh i love her! i've been begging boyfriend for ever for one just like her.