Monday, February 6, 2012

Where have I been?

A couple weeks ago, I set out for a week long visit to see Ashley, Tyler, and Grayson.  The very first night we were there, another tornado outbreak hit Alabama.  While Ashley was working the night shift at the hospital, my mom and Tyler and Grayson and I bunkered out in the laundry room with Maybelle, Beau, and Millie - and, wow!  Only a mile from where we were lifting the Birmingham area up in prayers, a tornado devastated entire neighborhoods.  When I say close call, I mean it was a close call.  To say something makes you think about life, blessings, and eternity is an understatement.  God bless those people.

This photo is from RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD from my sister's home where I was. SCARY!



Please pray for the Trussville and Clay communities, where an F3 tornado injured multitudes and took the lives of an adorable 16 year-old girl.  Other communites in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham were affected and I pray for the entire state as they face these turbulent times.  Sometimes I wonder if the South has seen so much devastation in these recent years because it's the 'Bible belt' and it has a been the chance for churches, communities, and society's finest and most gracious people to come together and show that through God there is a greater good in all things.  I believe whole-heartedly that the Christian nation is given it's chance to prove God's mercy and grace in these years of devastating current events like Hurricane Katrina, the tornado outbreak of April 27th, the Gulf coast oil spill and the depths of the economic crisis.  Churches from all over have come together to help the South and it's amazing to see a nation still be so good-at-heart.  I'm proud to be a Southern girl, as I've seen the most amazing things come about in these harsh times.  Continue to pray that God can show his LOVE through those communites as they face another devastating blow.  My love is with them all.



Right after I got home from Alabama - which was filled with amazing memories made with the most precious nephew of mine - I got the norovirus flu.  And I threw up a LOT.  I ended up in the Winter Park emergency room with bags of IV fluid, Zofran and all sorts of good stuff that made my stomach spasms stop.  Aaah, but it got the best of me for the ENTIRE week.  No bueno.






Happy to be back! Glad I'm feeling better! And I'm looking forward to my trip to see Sheldon in Charlotte this weekend! :)

Peace & Love
Baily

P.S. Can't wait to post my first week of my #FebPhotADay Challenge from Instagram. Who else is doing it... and what's your Instagram name?!?

ROMANS 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

No comments: