Monday, November 23, 2009

The sun hasn't shined in days. The notes, outlines, powerpoints, and text chapters seem to have all jumbled together in my mind. The pretty Autumn leaves are on the rain soaked ground and the fog makes it hard to see in the mornings. I feel frumpy in my winter clothes. I'm not going home for Thanksgiving. I can't grasp Environmental Biology and I'm not the biggest fan of the members in my developmental communicative disorders research group. But even on the worst of days, I notice a pretty Alabama wildflower that is perfectly out of place in the shrubbery and I found it even more touching that my heathen-dog saw it, too, and ripped it out of the ground and placed it at my feet before cocking her neck and showing me that precious little wrinkly face.

Even my little discount dog knows I like wildflowers.

Life's not so bad after all.

No comments: