Thursday, September 17, 2009

Louisa and Clement Jardine are sisters, friends, and rivals. While both are ambitious and exacting - Louisa in her passion for art, Clem as a guardian of wildlife - they are far more different than alike. Louisa strives for the steadiness of marriage and home; Clem, meanwhile, is restless in her work and almost ruthless in love. Yet they are drawn together repeatedly by ordinary accidents of fate and by the fierce, thorny ties shared by siblings alone. In a hypnotic, moving duet that spans twenty-five years in the lives of these two vibrant women, Julia Glass once again explores the intimacies of a very particular family (often funny, sometimes shocking) as well as the nature of sisterhood itself.
- "I See You Everywhere" by Julia Glass

This is my new book that I am reading. I was so drawn to it because of the honesty it brings to the incredible relationship between sisters - whether identical twins or years different in age and galaxies different in their worlds. It is amazing that I base my blog off of my relationship with my sister - ever solemn, ever dramatic, and ever loving. I am so excited about this book and ALREADY recommend it, just by the book jacket.

Remember this, from me to you - Don't judge a book by it's cover; don't just a girl by her looks; and NEVER judge a sisterhood by their interests.
The book had me caught in the first lines.
"I'm not a rebel, a recluse, or a sociopath, and I'm too young to qualify as a crank....."
Peace and Love,
BJJ

No comments: